Highlighted

PRELUDE: must prelude sub clips remain in the same folder as the original clip?

New Here ,
Dec 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

RE: Prelude

I logged approx. 2,000 sub clips covering years of documentary footage.  I'd created many additional folders so that I could organize by subjects.  All was great over these past months until I opened Prelude to find all the sub folders were empty and the sub clips had been placed in the same folder as the original clip.

I am feeling this may be due to the recent upgrade.

Any thoughts?

[Moved from non-technical Forum Lounge to specific Program forum... Mod]

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

Hi Robert,

Thanks for digging into Prelude and highlighting your confusion.

As I understand your workflow, you have created multiple subclips on different media files, added many bins (subfolders) in project panel and moved subclips to these bins in project panel. However, when you relaunched Prelude, you didn't find the moved subclips inside respective bins where you moved them, but on Project panel home.

Highlight if I am missing something here !!

Ideally it should not happen in any Prelude version. Subclips should be visible inside bins(subfolders) only, they have been moved to. 

Please mention your OS version and Prelude version from Help-->About Adobe Prelude to give me a better insight into the problem.

Update your Prelude version to 6.0.1 from CC, if not already done so.

Also mention any specific info that might help me to isolate the scenario.

I hope it help.

Thanks,

Mayjain

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

PRELUDE: must prelude sub clips remain in the same folder as the original clip?

New Here ,
Dec 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

RE: Prelude

I logged approx. 2,000 sub clips covering years of documentary footage.  I'd created many additional folders so that I could organize by subjects.  All was great over these past months until I opened Prelude to find all the sub folders were empty and the sub clips had been placed in the same folder as the original clip.

I am feeling this may be due to the recent upgrade.

Any thoughts?

[Moved from non-technical Forum Lounge to specific Program forum... Mod]

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

Hi Robert,

As I understand your workflow, you have created multiple subclips on different media files, added many bins (subfolders) in project panel and moved subclips to these bins in project panel. However, when you relaunched Prelude, you didn't find the moved subclips inside respective bins where you moved them, but on Project panel home.

Ideally it should not happen in any Prelude version. Subclips should be visible inside bins(subfolders) only, they have been moved to. 

Please mention your OS version and Prelude version from Help-->About Adobe Prelude to give me a better insight into the problem.

I hope it help.

Thanks,

Mayjain

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 13, 2016 0
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Robert,

I hope it help.

Thanks,

Mayjain

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 14, 2016 1