Highlighted

Prelude not allowing me to relink audio files

Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having many problems with Prelude at the moment. I've used the software for years but with my most recent project I am having the following issues, that I have never encountered before.

1) The project file itself takes very, very long to open (sometimes upwards of 15 minutes of spinning beach ball loading mouse wheel). I am shooting a mixture of 4K and 1080p, with Nikon DSLRs, none of which I have transcoded. The playback is also sluggish. My media cache is set to the Prelude Applications folder (on the internal hard drive of my 2015 MacBook Pro) and the media files themselves are on a OWC Thunderbay RAID 5 enclosure connected via Thunderbolt 2 into my MacBook Pro. Is there anything I am doing wrong? Why does it take so long to open?

2) I am trying to relink my media after I moved it from a USB-connected external hard drive to the RAID setup (the RAID is new). When I go to relink my video files it works (albeit slowly) but the audio files I cannot relink at all. This is quite frustrating as some of the files I've logged and don't want to re-ingest and have to make those subclips again. See screenshots.

Screen Shot 2018-05-22 at 8.54.34 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-05-22 at 8.55.02 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Prelude not allowing me to relink audio files

Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having many problems with Prelude at the moment. I've used the software for years but with my most recent project I am having the following issues, that I have never encountered before.

1) The project file itself takes very, very long to open (sometimes upwards of 15 minutes of spinning beach ball loading mouse wheel). I am shooting a mixture of 4K and 1080p, with Nikon DSLRs, none of which I have transcoded. The playback is also sluggish. My media cache is set to the Prelude Applications folder (on the internal hard drive of my 2015 MacBook Pro) and the media files themselves are on a OWC Thunderbay RAID 5 enclosure connected via Thunderbolt 2 into my MacBook Pro. Is there anything I am doing wrong? Why does it take so long to open?

2) I am trying to relink my media after I moved it from a USB-connected external hard drive to the RAID setup (the RAID is new). When I go to relink my video files it works (albeit slowly) but the audio files I cannot relink at all. This is quite frustrating as some of the files I've logged and don't want to re-ingest and have to make those subclips again. See screenshots.

Screen Shot 2018-05-22 at 8.54.34 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-05-22 at 8.55.02 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Have something to add?