• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Prelude to Premiere Pro Wont Import Bins

Explorer ,
Dec 01, 2016 Dec 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, in Prelude, I set up a project, placing files in bins. I then assemble a rough cut which I next want to open in PrPro for further editing. Here's what happens:

a) Selecting the rough cut for opening in PrPro results in a sequence and all the associated files, but NO BINS. Just a large collection of un-binned files in the project panel.

So, I try:

b)Selecting an individual bin will export to PrPro correctly. So, I export each bin separately, and each bin and its contents appear in the PrPro project pane as expected. However, if I then export the rough cut to the PrPro project, it brings all the associated files into the project pane as well, as in a) above. So, I have a bins with files in them, then I have an entirely duplicated set of the same files outside of any bins in the project pane that comprise the rough cut. This cant be right.

Being unable to bring in the rough cut and the files associated with it already sorted into their respective bins seems to defeat the purpose of Prelude, or am I missing something?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 05, 2016 Dec 05, 2016

Hi Thom,

Thank you for writing.

When you send Rough cut to Premiere Pro, all associated files of Rough cut also moves to Premiere pro.

Here's how to achieve your requirements:

1. Select Rough cut and bins(in which associated files are placed).
  2. Choose File > Send to Premiere Pro
  3. The Bins and rough cut are sent to Premiere Pro
  4. The Project should be in form as desired.

Thanks

Nikhil

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Dec 01, 2016 Dec 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a follow up to the question above: rather than use the "Open in Premiere Pro" command, I next attempted to Export as a Premiere Pro project. I selected the two bins and the rough cut that my Prelude project was composed from. When I opened the project in PrPro, the bins were there, the rough cut was there...but all of the files formerly contained within the bins were now OUTSIDE of the bins, and the bins themselves were empty. This just doesn't seem to be working the way it should, or am I missing something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 05, 2016 Dec 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Thom,

Thank you for writing.

When you send Rough cut to Premiere Pro, all associated files of Rough cut also moves to Premiere pro.

Here's how to achieve your requirements:

1. Select Rough cut and bins(in which associated files are placed).
  2. Choose File > Send to Premiere Pro
  3. The Bins and rough cut are sent to Premiere Pro
  4. The Project should be in form as desired.

Thanks

Nikhil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for that response. Your solution worked exactly right.

Here is my Prelude bin listing:

Prelude_BinList_01.png

And the Premiere Pro project panel after following your instructions:

PPRo_BinList_02.png

So, everything worked as expected, including clip markers, audio, etc.

Thanks again for your response!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to know this.

Keep writing to discuss about workflows and if you face any issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources