• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Super slow to open a project

Contributor ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone else find that Prelude takes AGES to open a project?

I have a new Project that has had about 200 video assets imported into it. It is a mixture of GoPro MP4 files (some are large 4K files) the rest are Sony AVCHD MTS files. Overall it's probably about 100GB of footage and it takes prelude 5 minutes to open the project. After launching Prelude and clicking the project name in the launch dialog, it then sits on this same screen with a spinning beach ball until it opens 5 minutes later.

If I import all that same set of assets into a new Premiere project, save it and then re-open it, it opens in seconds.

I'm on an iMac running High Sierra with prelude 7.0.1 (build 49).

Is Prelude still under active development? It's has been slow and clunky for some time and just seems to be getting worse.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So from the lack of responses it would seem to point to the fact that no one really used Prelude anymore? And Adobe has given up on it?

I have logged this as a bug with Adobe but I hope they just take the key ingest features and roll them into Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not quite. I was working on a project with all the video assets in Prelude. After the update was installed Prelude wil not open the project at all. So for me it just does not work anymore. Does Adobe have any idea how much grief this causes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 28, 2018 Jun 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish I had a solution but all I can say is that I have the exact same problem. Since the update it also takes forever to open anything. I am talking sometimes 20-60 minutes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 13, 2018 Jul 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Rob Claisse,

Sorry for the inconvenience.

I am forwarding the issue to core engineering team. They will look into it soon.

Thanks,

Tanzeem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources