Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

4K MP4 import in Premiere Elements 2020

Explorer ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello from Belgium !

I consider buying the Panasonic HC-VX870 camera ( Yes, still on sale in Belgium !).Its only records 4K in  PAL MP4 format and not AVCHD.Looking in the settings in PE 2020 I only see 4K ( QFHD 16x9 25 ) in PAL AVCHD.

Will I be able to import these files in PE please ? If yes how please ?

Kind regards,

Serge

( I Use a MacMini 2018 with Intel I7 running Catalina )

TOPICS
Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Explorer , Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Thanks Ann !

Kind regards, 

Serge

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Adding to Ann's reply, I have three Pansonic cameras, two that shoot 4K.  I have no trouble with Premiere Elements using files from those cameras.   The "settings" or presets can be misleading.  When you slide the first clip to the timeline, Premiere Elements will pick a suitable project setting for your clip.  

I have one caution...  In the USA, the specs suggest that the VX-870 can shoot AVCHD HD and uses Dolby 5.1 for audio for that.   On my older Panasonic camcorder all the AVCHD settings use

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to mention: the Panasonic HC-VX870 camera records in 25fps In 4K MP4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The answer is most likely yes.

You copy the content from the sd card to the hdd and then add media from the hdd.

The mac does need some power to process the clips within Elements.

Try and find some test footage first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ann !

Kind regards, 

Serge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding to Ann's reply, I have three Pansonic cameras, two that shoot 4K.  I have no trouble with Premiere Elements using files from those cameras.   The "settings" or presets can be misleading.  When you slide the first clip to the timeline, Premiere Elements will pick a suitable project setting for your clip.  

I have one caution...  In the USA, the specs suggest that the VX-870 can shoot AVCHD HD and uses Dolby 5.1 for audio for that.   On my older Panasonic camcorder all the AVCHD settings use Dolby 5.1.   Adobe made a change a couple years ago where Dolby codecs can be troublesome.   My two Panasonic cameras that shoot 4K do not use AVCHD or Dolby 5.1 and all works well with Premiere Elements on a Windows computer.  

Ann's suggestion to get some test footage is a good one.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Bill! 

Kind regards, 

Serge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines