• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Premiere Elements 2020 Installer script that checks for updated OS and browser is not correct

Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2022 Feb 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Earlier, I posted that I tried to install my Premiere Elements 2020 software, but the Installer's programming is outdated and incorrect. The Installer keeps on failing because it thinks that my PC does not have the updates to Windows 10 and my browser should be Internet Explorer. Please note that Microsoft has moved to Microsoft Edge instead of Internet Explorer at its browser so why should this Installer make it mandatory to check for Internet Explorer as my browser so it can proceed with the installation of Premiere. The suggested fixes on the Windows Registry as shown in the Adoble Support link to address this problem is also incorrect because Internet Explorer is not my browser.

Is there a way to bypass the section where the Installer checks for Internet Explorer and other things so I can just install Adobe Premiere 2020 from the disk? Anyway I have a valid Serial number for Adobe Premiere Elements 2020 when I bought my software from B&H two years ago. If this is not possible, can you direct me to the link where I can install Adoble Premiere Elements 2020 directly from the Adobe Support site and I could use my valid Serial number for the software?

Can you also suggest how I can either email, chat, or message Adobe Support regarding this installation problem? I can't find any means to contact them regarding this issue. Thanks.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 25, 2022 Feb 25, 2022

If you registered your software when you bought it, you should be able to log on to your Adobe account and download an installation file.   Adobe has time limits for direct program support but you may also be able to open an online chat support session here:  https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 25, 2022 Feb 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you registered your software when you bought it, you should be able to log on to your Adobe account and download an installation file.   Adobe has time limits for direct program support but you may also be able to open an online chat support session here:  https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2022 Feb 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Bill: Thanks for offering the suggestion to first register my Premiere Elements 2020. I was able to download and install the software from the Adobe website and I used my serial number to activate the software. It now works! The intaller found in the DVD is buggy and I was able to bypass this as I asked for in my post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 27, 2022 Feb 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for replying back that you found a solution to a frustrating issue!   I will remember it for the next time it comes up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines