• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Premiere Elements is not letting me import files I used to be able to import!

New Here ,
Sep 25, 2021 Sep 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really hope someone can help me, I tried reaching out to Adobe and was told I had to pay them, even though I paid for the product. I use Adobe Elements 2018... and I used to be able to import these files; WAV files, photos downloading from Google images. But now, I get an error message saying 'this type of files is not supported or the required codec is not installed'

Now, I never got this problem before, but I recently got a new PC and re-installed the program, and the issue has been happening since then! I am not sure how to fix this issue or how to install these required codecs! PLEASE HELP!

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 25, 2021 Sep 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1 - your version is no longer supported by Adobe, version 2021.3 is current

2 - be VERY careful installing codecs, since 'some' sites have downloads that include malware

WAV and JPG are very standard, so I'm not sure why you are having a problem with either

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 26, 2021 Sep 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

With more information about your files, there might be answers.  Are you familiar with the free program MediaInfo?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines