• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Another No Playback Sound or Any Sound in PE Discussion

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have absolutely no sound. I had sound for the first 4 months of 2017 with PE 15 but all of the sudden, sound stopped in May. Seemingly right after the March Windows update. Anyway, I have read through and tried everything I read in the forums and on the internet. I have changed the audio settings to everything possible as well as tried a million times for what the settings should be. I have made sure to have updated audio drivers as well as rolled back the drivers back to when it should have been working when I first installed Premiere Elements. I am beside myself why I can't get ANY audio out of Premiere Elements 15 running Windows 10 Enterprise with Fall Creator's update installed on a Dell XPS 15 9550.

Also have cleared all the media cache and file cache, restarted PE after every change. Also have Uninstalled, cleaned out all left over files, and reinstalled multiple times.

Have also tried external usb sound cards with external speakers with changing the preferences in PE. Still, no sound.

Sound works as expected in every other program but still, no playback sound in PE for anything in PE including previews of added included sounds.

See the screenshots below. Also tried changing Default Input to "none" with no change in results.

Premiere_Sound.PNG

Premiere_Sound1.PNG

The only thing I haven't tried is wiping the Laptop and reinstalling Windows with the latest Fall Creator's Update directly.

Does anyone have any other possible thoughts? I have literally spent a MASSIVE amount of hours on this. Please help stop the insanity.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Set Default Input to None.

See how that goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, did that. It's in my long rant before the screen shots.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because of this post, Adobe CS reached out to me. I was very impressed. I broke my "no remote access to strangers" rule and allowed remote control (see how frustrated I am?) After an hour of changing every setting known to man and restarting Premiere, no sound.

Even tried a clean install of 2018 with same, no sound, results.

The CS rep left with a handful of screenshots and said that an engineer would work the problem. That was the last I heard of them. A month has now passed with no resolution.

I must be the only person in the world that can't solve this issue nor can anyone at Adobe.

My apologies for the rant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mike, feel free to RANT away, because I'm right there with you.  So you are not the only one!

After updating to Windows 10, I get no audio in PrE 15.  I have RealTek audio.  I had it working last night for 10 minutes.  I have NO idea what changed, and this morning I'm back to nothing. In the Volume Mixer on PrE 15 it doesn't show that I have any audio. I have spent hours and days trying to fix, updating drivers, reinstalling, codecs... I'm ready to pull my hair out!  I have a huge project due next week that I should have been at least half way into by now.  I'm ready to ditch all my Adobe stuff...and I've been a loyal supporter for years... to try something that will work!  I've ready pages of forums, watched support videos.  I'm tired.  This sucks.  I'm done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh my goodness! I have done exactly what you did. I would be willing to bet I have spent over 40 hours trying to make this work over the past 6 months.

I tell ya what I finally broke down and did. I created a Virtualbox VM running Windows 10 pro trial version, 1709, and then installed PrE 15 and it works. Sound and everything. Two differences: 1. Using Windows HD Audio Driver. 2. Running Pro instead of Enterprise on my laptop.

Note here that I have tried the Windows HD Audio Driver on the main install and it does not work.

I, in no way, condone setting up a VM but I had to do something in order to complete a project.

I am at a loss.

BTW, I have a Dell XPS 9550 i7-6700, RealTek Audio, Intel Vid as well as added Nvidia 960 Laptop runing Windows 10 Enterprise, 1709 update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got it to work!  I did not have to do a VM.  I'm not sure if running Elements when my drive was at 86% was hurting, but I freed up 40G oF space.  That didn't do the trick.  For the last 20 or so hours of reading forums and looking through videos to get help, I wasn't able to get my Audio Hardware settings where I needed. In my Device Class, my only option was MME.  I wish I knew what happened, because I don't think freeing up memory suddenly gave me the capability to change my Device Class to ASIO, but I'm finally in business! 

Now I have one week to finish my 2 week project!  Thanks for letting me know what you did.  It was going to take me an hour to download the VM you mentioned, and I was darn near finished with downloading that option when this finally worked. Cheers, Mike!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 01, 2017 Dec 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

runningfamily6  wrote

I got it to work!  I did not have to do a VM.  .....I wish I knew what happened, because I don't think freeing up memory suddenly gave me the capability to change my Device Class to ASIO, but I'm finally in business! 

Mike,

Thanks for posting a success story.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

whsprague  wrote

runningfamily6   wrote

I got it to work!  I did not have to do a VM.  .....I wish I knew what happened, because I don't think freeing up memory suddenly gave me the capability to change my Device Class to ASIO, but I'm finally in business! 

Mike,

Thanks for posting a success story.  

Mike DID NOT post a success story. Mike's PrE 15 is BROKEN and UNUSABLE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

runningfamily6  wrote

I got it to work!  I did not have to do a VM.  I'm not sure if running Elements when my drive was at 86% was hurting, but I freed up 40G oF space.  That didn't do the trick.  For the last 20 or so hours of reading forums and looking through videos to get help, I wasn't able to get my Audio Hardware settings where I needed. In my Device Class, my only option was MME.  I wish I knew what happened, because I don't think freeing up memory suddenly gave me the capability to change my Device Class to ASIO, but I'm finally in business! 

Now I have one week to finish my 2 week project!  Thanks for letting me know what you did.  It was going to take me an hour to download the VM you mentioned, and I was darn near finished with downloading that option when this finally worked. Cheers, Mike!

ASIO does not work for me. Nor does ASIO4ALL.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if these codec errors from a previously installed PrE 10 are causing the issue?

AdobeSucks.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mikeh89873075  wrote

I wonder if these codec errors from a previously installed PrE 10 are causing the issue?

AdobeSucks.JPG

I downloaded and reinstalled PrE 10 which got rid of the errors. Also, PrE 10 plays sound perfectly and I hear the audio. yeah!

BUT

Still no sound in PrE 15

Adobe, why does sound work in PrE 10 and not in PrE 15? What's the difference? What changed? The ball is in your court.

Adobe, please step up and answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2018 Jan 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reinstalled Adobe Premiere Elements 10 and sound works although it has other massive issues in a high dpi environment. Anyway, why is it that sound works in Adobe Premiere Elements 10 and does not work in Adobe Premiere Elements 15 with the exact same parameters?

Has this thread been abandoned by Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user to user forum, Adobe rarely visits.

And on a side note E15 is no longer supported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Ann for your input.

Adobe actually called and worked with me trying to figure this out. We, Adobe and I via remote control, installed PE2018 which exhibited the same issue.

A promise was given by Adobe Customer Service to work with the developers for a solution. I am waiting for a call back based on Adobe's promise or a reply here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 05, 2018 Jul 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's what worked for me (I'm on latest Windows 10 build with RealTek HD Audio drivers):

1. Open Preferences --> Audio Hardware
  2. Set "Default Output" to a different value
  3. Click OK
  4. Go back and reset "Default Output" to the original value
  5. Click OK

Before I did this, I also downloaded and installed the latest RealTek drivers from here, but I don't know if it was required:

Realtek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I followed you sugestion and it worked. I did this without downloading any new drivers. Thank You

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines