• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Another "Free Trial" Watermark Question...

New Here ,
Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all, I've purchased Adobe Premiere/Photoshop Elements combo pack in 2020. All of a sudden, as of today, it wouldn't open premiere (photoshop seems to be fine). It said I needed to re-license the product. My existing license does not seem to work for this. So now every file as the "This was made with free trial" watermarked right in the middle (hideous). I've looked up some old threads and tried clearing the "Timeline > Delete Rendered Files" and it did nothing. I've cleared media caches and it's done nothing either. Every time I open the program it says "Your trial will expire in 30 days" and prompt me to "continue trial" or "License this software".

Adobe chat ran me around 3 different people and all of them were unable to help, recommending I just re-buy the program or check here. 
I must say I am really frustrated and so here I am requesting assistance. Is there anything I can do? Or do I have to buy the program again

All the best,

Adrian

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't say what operating system you're using. But assuming you're using Windows, try going to C/ProgramData/Adobe and change the name of the OOBE folder to OOBE-old. then restart the program.

If that doesn't do it, change the OOBE-old folder's name back to OOBE and then try solution 7 on this page.

https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/kb/resolve-trial-and-license-expired-errors.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your assistance! I tried the first one and it caused the program to spam error pop-ups and crash, so I undid the name change and am looking to try the second (#7 you linked too), however the only file I seem to have is "SLCache" with the licensing information so it doesn't quite match. Should I just delete the entirety of the adobe folders and uninstall the programs again? Photoshop elements is giving me no issues, it's just Premiere elements. 
Thanks for your help so far!

Adrian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try changing the name of the SLStore file to SLStore_old and see what happens.

Sorry I can't be more exact with an answer. As you've found when you contact Adobe Support, this is a bit like voodoo. Nobody is completely sure why this happens, and you may have to try a couple of the solutions on the page I linked you to until it fixes itself. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines