Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AP14 Add running time clock

Contributor ,
Jul 22, 2018 Jul 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ADP 14 running on windows 10

I am trying to add running time clock in a video to preview. I would like to have a running time clock to identify sections in a video when reviewing with a client. I searched the internet but did not find anything. I did this I the past bet lost my notes.

Thanks

Cheers! Phil

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 22, 2018 Jul 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That should be APE 14

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 23, 2018 Jul 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know how you can do this -- other than shoot an actual clock running and then overlay it as a picture in picture over your video. Is that the effect you're looking for?

But I don't know that there's a way to add a digital timecode style clock to your video, if that's what you're trying to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bummer.  I have done it before with some kind of an add on or app.  You can  do it easily  in Premier Pro. 

There was an program from Avid Media - New Blue FX for $79.95 which appears to be out of business.

My fellow editors can do it in other S/W programs.

I will keep looking.

Thanks for your response.

Cheers! Phil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When I needed to do that in Premiere Elements, I opened this timer:

https://www.online-stopwatch.com/countdown-timer/

on a flat screen monitor and filmed it with my camcorder.

I then used that video by cropping it, resizing it and placing it on a track above the other tracks and positioned it in a corner.

When it was time for the final export, I turned off the visibility of the track.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines