• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

App not loading

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2019 Apr 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have Premiere Elements 4 and have never had a technical problem with it until now.

I can go into the app and do some work on a project but if I close it and go back later in the day, the app wont open unless I restart my computer.

Have gone into program files and tried it directly with the exe file but that wouldn't work either.

I thought of uninstalling it then putting it back on again but I am part way trough a project and am afraid of losing it.

I do have all the apps working files and my clips in a folder on my desktop but don't know if removing the app will affect this or not.

Anyone have any ideas about this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Elements 4 is a 2007 product and Windows Vista was the operating system of choice then!   There is no way to logically predict what will happen as you try to correct your problem.   Too many things have changed.  If you are on any operating system after Vista, a re-installation may not work.   The servers that provide the accessory and support files are long gone.

My choice would be to finish the current project whatever way you can, even if you have to reboot frequently.    Then start looking for new editing software. 

Good luck!  I hope you finish your project successfully!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Instead of rebooting:

Open Task manager.

On the Applications Tab, right click on Premiere Elements and choose Go To Process.

Click End Process.

You should now be able to open Premiere Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines