• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio crossfade can't be centered between two clips

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2018 Aug 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm evaluating Adobe Premiere Elements 2018 and I want to do a simple audio crossfade between two clips like discriped in the documentation in the expert mode.

But I can'rt place the transition manually in the center between the clips. It can be placed only either at the end of the first or the beginning of the second clip, it will not drop in the center.

Even if I manually change the position via the popup to "center" it will not align.

The same happens if I apply the standard transition to the entire track, all will be placed on the beginning of the right clip.

In my example I use the quick time video format (h264) from my camera, but it will not work with other containers like mp4 as well.

* it's a fresh install

* restarting does not solve anything

* using the other audio transition has the same problem

* the video transition can be placed between the clips

* it does not matter whether the transition is 1 or 2 seconds

* the example clips are app. 20 seconds and one minute; but again it does not matter as well in my case

* all clips are together, ther is no space between the clips

According to the documentation it should exactly work like this.

Can anybody help?

Thanks in advanc.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 10, 2018 Aug 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a little trimmed off each clip on either side of your transition?

If you do not have a little trimmed off of both the end of the old clip and the beginning of the new, the transition will be placed toward the clip that was not trimmed. This is because every transition requires head and tail material in order to create the transition from one audio clip to another.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2018 Aug 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Steve Grisetti, that was the reason.

But I don't understand why this is necessary (speciall if it works for the video transition without doing it as you can see in the screen print).

Unbenannt.PNG

After trimming the clips, deleting the spaces and doing the same action (Apply standard transition the the track) again, it worked:

Unbenannt2.PNG

But this is not satisfying for my purposes.

What I want to achieve is quite a simple task:

* import all videos from one event like vacation, etc. at  once into the project

* add all at once to the timeline with multiselection with a standard audio transition (I had to set the video transition to 0, because I only want to have an audio transition)

* export them as one new clip

So my goal is to export a new video from all the single clips with a minimum of effort (and not doing any "improvements" by a wizard).

With Premiere CS3 there was an option where I could "transfer all clips into one sequence with choosen standard audio or video transition and provide a certain clipping for the clips" so I could produce a raw sequence with hundreds of clips having all an audio crossfade with one clitch (sadly is, that the export with CS3 is very instable with my format, so I wan't to change to another application).

I thought I could achieve the same action (quit a very simple requirement in my opinion) now with the newest Premiere Elements version as well, and from the first point of view I was quite happy to find the option with the standard transition for an entire track as well.

But if I have to trimm manually each clip to add an, audio crossfade I would not be able to use this application for my purposes, which is a bit sad.

I have not found a trimm option for a  multi selection either, which would be OK for me to achieve the same goal, e.g. trimm 10 frames of each selected clip from the beginning and the end or an entire track and auto delete all spaces/breaks between those after doing it.

Does anybody now whether this is possible (auto trimm each clip by a number of frames and delete any breaks/spaces between the clips after it).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 11, 2018 Aug 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You trim the clips before adding to the timeline.

There is no such feature to trim multiple clips with a certain amount of frames in one go in Elements

Premiere Pro has this feature.

You could use KBSC to speed up the proces.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines