Audio Fade Changing When Re-Opening file

New Here ,
Apr 07, 2022 Apr 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, this problem appeared two days ago and I haven't been able to find a solution; any advice or ideas would be much appreciated as this is driving me crazy.

The problem: I want a section of audio to fade in, say, so I put in the nessicary keyframes and I get a linear fade between the two points, which is what I want. 

CHolland_1-1649367504893.png

I save and close the file. But when I re-open it the same fade looks like this, even though none of the settings I can find have been changed and it's still identified as the linear option.

CHolland_2-1649367755139.png

I've tried compensating for it with the other options but that proved tedious and the results not great, espcially on a large project with a large number of little volume adjustments. I've scoured the program looking for a setting that could've changed (I have, however, only been using P. Elements a few months so could've easily missed something). I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program but that changed nothing. 

Any ideas or potential workarounds would be very much appreciated.

TOPICS
Audio , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 07, 2022 Apr 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The obvious question is, do you see the same thing happening when you apply this type of fade to any audio files on any audio tracks or is it limited to one clip and/or one audio track?

Also be sure to tell us which version of the program you're using on what operating system.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 08, 2022 Apr 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Check the previous keyframe because that is the one that changed.

AnnBens_0-1649416164031.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines