• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio playback issues in timeline after repeated conforming of MTS files

New Here ,
Sep 27, 2019 Sep 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I open my project, some MTS files must be conformed before I can start editing. So I wait until all the conforming is complete before doing anything else, but I'm gradually finding more and more video clips in my timeline with audio issues. Some video clips are silent, while other video clips play audio from an entirely different video clip in the timeline!

I've read in other threads about how to possibly prevent the constant "conforming stuff," but still unsure how to do that. I wonder if it permanently damaged the audio.

TOPICS
Audio , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 28, 2019 Sep 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FAQ: How to reset (trash) preferences.

FAQ: How to clean media cache files

if that does not work

Make new project and import old one.

Non of the original audio or footage will be touched whatever happens on the timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2019 Sep 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much! I deleted the media cache files and the media cache database. Now upon opening the project, conforming has begun on the entire project-- as expected --, but Adobe always freezes up before conforming is complete. I leave the project running overnight only to find that it is frozen in the morning. Any other tips? Meanwhile, I will keep trying.

(I believe I am unable to import the old project into a new one because I am actually using Adobe Elements Premiere rather than Premiere Pro. I don't think Elements Premiere has that feature.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 30, 2019 Sep 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to Elements forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2019 Sep 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today I tried deleting everything in the timeline except for the first ten minutes. The endless conforming process continued, but I was able to successfully export those first ten minutes.

Perhaps I could edit in spite of the conforming going on? But it slows Elements down significantly and always ends in a crash...

Any ideas what might be going on here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 01, 2019 Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would start over. Best not to edit when conforming. It will slow things down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines