• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio track being excluded from rendered video in APE 2022

Contributor ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't used Premiere Elements for a long time but have just upgraded from APE 11 to APE 2022.

However, I am hitting an unexpected problem. When I render a video with one video track and one audio track, the audio track is never included. The audio works fine in edit mode. This same problem has occurred with two different videos.

Have I missed some key configuration setting for the rendering process?

TOPICS
Audio

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

The render button makes a preview so you can easily play the timeline. That is all.

Export/Share gives you a full quality file to play on your computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are you rendering it as?

What operating system are you using?

And what is the format of your source audio? Is this also true if you add music to the music track below the video?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Windows 10. The original video is a .MOV file I shot on my Canon EOS 5D III. Its original stereo audio track appears below the video in APE. I'm rendering it as a .MPEG file.

I deleted the original audio track and replaced it with a music MP3 file. Rendering this version showed exactly the same problem as before. Moving that MP3 to the 'Music' track also made no difference. The rendered MPEG still has no audio.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you render an MP4?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the same problem with an MP4 file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Best not to use mp3 but rather wave.

Convert with Audacity before bringing it into Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I converted an MP3 to a WAV file using Audacity and then added it to the music track in my project. Playing the existing video plus the added music track in the APE editor worked fine, with both sound tracks clearly audible, but the rendered MPEG still had no audio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post screenshot project settings, export settings and timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Requested screenshots have now been uploaded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont see any audio added to the timeline.

What device are you using to play the exported file.

Go up to Timeline and Delete Rendered files

Dont render but export again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The track 'Audio 1' is clearly visible in the timeline directly under 'Video 1'.

I'm using VLC Media Player to play the rendered files, but it wouldn't matter which program I used, as there is no audio track present  - proved by adding the rendered file to the timeline, where it only occupies the video track.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just checked my timeline screenshot again via this site and I see that the audio track is not as clear here as when I viewed the original jpeg on my PC. You have to zoom in quite a bit to see the details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try as i suggested. Deleted rendered files from timeline and exported again.

Make sure everytime you export to give it a different name: dont overwrite.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hadn't originally grasped what you meant by that suggestion, as I had never used Export and didn't know that it provided another way of rendering my video. Previously, I had only ever used the Render button just above the timeline.

However, I have now done as you suggest and this time the audio was fine in the rendered file. Why is there such a difference between Export and the Render button?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The render button makes a preview so you can easily play the timeline. That is all.

Export/Share gives you a full quality file to play on your computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the clarification, Ann. Your help is much appreciated 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully the OP is working with a compeletely new project in PR 2022 & not trying to modify a project originally created under PR 11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is indeed a totally new APE 2022 project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines