• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Best way to transition to a side by side dual video video?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got a video playing, then I want to transition to a side by side screen with a second vide playing the same footage but zoomed in from a second camera.

What's the best way to transition the main screen to move to the side while the other one comes in?

I used dissolve for both and it looks ok but theres a black line at the start of the transition when I move the main screen to the side. Is there a better and cleaner way to do this?

Thanks!!

TOPICS
Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post screenshots of monitor with black line, timeline and transition with properties showing (more).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok cool, I took 4 screenshots in order to show the transition. I uploaded them to flickr, but I'm not sure how to get them to show here, so I just have posted the direct links to them. Sorry, I couldn't find a flickr option that seemed to work to get it to show on here! Thanks!

https://flic.kr/p/2na871x

https://flic.kr/p/2na8712

https://flic.kr/p/2na55LR

https://flic.kr/p/2na871T

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please embed the screenshot into the forum.

AnnBens_0-1647978809858.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ohhhhhhhhhh sweet thank you! Here they are...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The split screen ones look just like I'm doing, but I don't really see anything that helps with the transitioning.

The keyframing one looks VERY interesting! I scrolled through it and I think this is going to be what I want. I'm going to give it a good watch a bit later when my 4 year old isn't around and bugging me. This might help me do some other cool things too.

Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rather than a dissolve, try keyframing the crop effect on both clips.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to sound like a total newbie, but what exactly does that mean? I'm super new and only been doing video editing for about a month and a half, so I'm trying to learn as I go.

Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Steve Grisetti 

Do you have a tutorial on keyframing crop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines