• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bug with dual monitors

Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have 2 monitors and I want to resize premiere to the second one, the issue is when I do that it completely disapears off the screen and I can't seem to get it back on without restarting the program.

IScreenshot 2022-01-05 114620.png

I have tried to restore it but nothing happens.

TOPICS
Error or problem , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

@Bill Sprague 

I figured out how to do it.

It takes an extra step but it works.

Go to window then select dual monitor workspace, drag it over to your second monitor then click restore workspace. It should stay untill you try to resize it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think there is a "bug" in Premier Elements because the last time I had a second monitor, it worked.   There is very limited dual monitor functionality.   

Can you be more specific about how you have your dual monitors set up?  What is your graphics card?  Have you set Premiere Elements to a Dual Monitor Workspace in the Window menu?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for responding so fast!

I have a RTX 3060 Laptop GPU.

I want to move the workspace to my second monitor but when I try to full screen it, it disapears.

I have tried to restore it but it's gone.

Its not the biggest deal but it's slightly annoying. I have attached a video of what happens, and if you have any idea on how to fix it let me know.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh and I forgot to tell you, I don't have it as a dual monitor workspace.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have my monitor configuration stacked  2

I have read past forum posts about this same issue, the only differnce is mine disappears.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Bill Sprague 

I figured out how to do it.

It takes an extra step but it works.

Go to window then select dual monitor workspace, drag it over to your second monitor then click restore workspace. It should stay untill you try to resize it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2022 Dec 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same issue - if Dual Monitor workspace is not selected (something a newbie like myself would not know to do), then if the main premier window is moved to a second monitor and made full-screen, the entire premier workspace disappears and the only way to get it back is to kill the app in the windows tray and start over.  If the dual screen workspace setting is set, things seem to work OK.  This is not obvious at all and I beleive the app should never go dark regardless of the settings.  Telling the user she's doing something incorrectly that's causing a total loss of the app is not the fault of the user but the app.  In short, it's a bug not a feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines