• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot activate Premiere Elements 15, serial invalid

New Here ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two valid serial numbers for Premiere Elements 15 on Windows. Now that I'm trying to reinstall, I'm told that the serial is invalid. Adobe confirmed for me this morning the serials are good. Please help?

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did Adobe confirm that the numbers were numbers were correct? And why did they not offer support?

Also, why do you have TWO serial numbers for Premiere Elements?

Are you trying to install onto the same operating system you installed on before?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe chat support checked the serials directly and said they are good. I don't remember why I have two, maybe from two purchases in the past, and I'm not sure why they told me to come here for support instead of helping me directly. It's installing on W11, I had W10 before but it makes no difference. The software itself works and all my CS6 software works, so it's not an OS issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your serial number is valid, I don't know any reason the program would not install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you trying to use a Photoshop Elements serial number on Premiere Elements?

Are you trying to use a Mac serial number on Windows or a Windows serial number on Mac?

Are you sure the serial number is for version 15?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2022 Jan 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi same issue.  Reinstalled Premiere Elements 15 on my new upgraded pc (uninstalling on previous pc).  Both are Windows 10.  Using the same serial number that I've always had - it came with the software.

Just disconnected from G. Naresh via Adobe support chat.  He has verified that I have a valid serial number, but cannot provide any assistance or point me towards anyone else that can assist.

He is willing to sell me a subscription though...

I relayy do not want to purchase a subscription when the version I legitimately purchased won't validate on the new pc.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2022 Jan 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Typo.... last paragraph should start with "I really do not want"

sigh...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reached a different Adobe support person today. After troubleshooting and investigating further, he confirmed that my serials, while genuine, have expired and I would need to buy the software again. I had no idea Adobe even sold software years ago that had an expiry but apparently, that's why my serials are now invalid. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where did you purchase it from?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought it many years ago through work, I don't remember from where exactly. I'm on a webpage now to buy Premiere/Photoshop Elements 2022 and am forced to agree that this software will expire in 2026 before purchasing. Had no idea Adobe was even doing this but looks like it's a practice they haven't stopped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure that you are at an Adobe website? What is the link to the site?

Neither Photoshop Elements nor Premiere Elements have an expiration date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are correct, Peru Bob! After looking into it further, turns out TechSoup Canada, which offers discounts for the software, sells it with an expiration! How annoying. That no longer makes this a truly perpetual software but more like an extended subscription if I will have to buy it again later on. 

I instead bought it directly from Adobe, they confirmed no expiry. Thanks for the insight.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines