• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cant upload Videos to YouTube. Best export settings for YouTube videos?

Explorer ,
Mar 29, 2020 Mar 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to upload a video to YouTube the upload progress starts normally first. It runs smoothly to about 20%, then it starts again. This progress repeats all the time, until YouTube says that the upload doesnt work. When I do the same thing with a 10 seconds video it works. Whats strange is that my video is 1.3GB big but its only 4 minutes long and has a resolution of 1920x1080p@60fps. I asked so many people, even the YouTube team on Twitter, but nobody was able to answer my question. So now my question is:

Can anybody please tell me what im doing wrong or better even send me some Screenshots thats show whats the best export settings for normal YouTube videos with a resolution of 1920x1080p and 60fps? I used the export setting where the settings are chosed based on the imported file and another custom export setting that I showed in the pictures.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Export the video to your computer.  Try to match the quality of the original footage.  Watch/review the video.  Then, upload it to YouTube using YouTube's uploader.   Total time is the same.  You get to be sure you like what you've produced and it is far more reliable than using the YouTube connection inside of Premiere Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats exactly what I did. The upload function in Premiere Elements makes the video 30fps, I dont use that. Thats why this is breaking my head. And why the hell is the video over 1GB big? Thats not normal for a video of 4 minutes, is it? Maybe that has to do with the problem? I dont know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it is an H.264 codec and the bit rate is below 100, it "should" work.  Does the output file play well on your computer?  What happens when you try 30fps?   Would you try a default output?   The fact that you are creating a very standardized file, suggests there is a YouTube fault somewhere.

It may be a temporary condition with YouTube.  News reports in the USA even say YouTube has reduced default resolution to aid internet jambing from heavy use due to the pandemic.  

Please try this just to see if it works....

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Yes, it is H.264, Videobitrate is 12 Mbit/s, Audiobitrate is 320 Kbit/s (Thats what YouTube recommends).

2. Yes, it absolutely does play well on my computer.

3. I exported it with the default output you said and I had the same problem.

4. I dont know. Maybe it could be YouTube's fault. But when I asked them on Twitter they didnt say anything about any issues with YouTube.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have verified you have a perfectly playable video file then the problem is with YouTube or your connection to it.   Can you move the video file to a different computer and try it?  Can you check your internet connection speeds?   

I once had a day that YouTube refused to work.  Two days later it did.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay I will try some of your ideas. Thanks! But can youtell me why my Video is that big? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"can youtell me why my Video is that big? "

No I can't.  How big is it when you make a copy using my screen shot above?    In that screen shot there is a "Quality" slider.  What are the numbers when you move it left to right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just see that the video is 350MB with the same output settings. What the hell? Didnt change ANYTHING. But the YouTube Upload still doesnt work so just one of my problems is solved. However thankyou for helping.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"But the YouTube Upload still doesnt work"

Try again tomorrow or the next day.  YouTube themselves may have an issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines