• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Clip Monitor Window - Premiere Elements 2018

New Here ,
Mar 02, 2019 Mar 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Clip Monitor window, when you set an in and out point, can you preview it?   I know you can go to the in point and go to the out point, but I see no way to play your selection without inserting it into the timeline.  (you can do this with Premiere Pro I believe)

And...

If you only want to use the audio from a audio/video clip in the clip monitor window..... is there a way to just insert the audio into the timeline?  I think the only way is to insert video and audio into the timeline and then delete the video.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 03, 2019 Mar 03, 2019

In the keyboard shortcuts there is an option to set a kbsc for play in to out.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It will play in the clip monitor, but you have to position the CTI.   You may be able to speed up your process if you customize a keyboard shortcut to go to the In point. 

There is no way I know of to separate the audio before putting it on the timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>It will play in the clip monitor, but you have to position the CTI.

It plays in the clip monitor no problem.  But it doesn't stop at the designated "out" point.  It plays the entire clip.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

paulg64523931  wrote

It plays in the clip monitor no problem.  But it doesn't stop at the designated "out" point.  It plays the entire clip.

That's correct and why I've never found the clip monitor step a part of my work flow.  For me it is easier if I put the clip on the timeline and do the editing there.  It is easier grabbing the ends of the clip when it is on the time line that moving in and out points in the clip monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 03, 2019 Mar 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the keyboard shortcuts there is an option to set a kbsc for play in to out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I missed that one Ann!  Good work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Ann and Whsprague.   Mapping the keyboard shortcut works perfectly.  (in the monitor/preview window)

Interesting thing I discovered.... it doesn't work if you mark an audio or video in and out point.  But it does work if you just mark an "in" and "out" point.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines