• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Connecting camcorder to laptop so I can veiw on my laptop what is being viewed/recorded on camcorder

Explorer ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Sony FDR-AX100 camcorder and it seems to be harder to use than I realized. This group is for Premiere Pro. I could not find a group for Premiere Elements so I hoping that I can get help here even though both programs might be very different in the manner of how to use certain functions.

I am trying to figure out how to get my laptop to recognize my camcorder. I want to be able to see what I am recording on the laptop in real time.

I am using Adobe Premiere Elements 2022.

I tried without a USB video capture card with no luck, but now I have one. The capture card has one USB port and two HDMI ports. One HDMI in and one HDMI out.

How can I get my camcorder to record videos while I watch what I am recording on my laptop?

Am I right to assume that the videos will record on the camcorder, but not the laptop?  My main concern is to be able to see what is being viewed on the camcorder. I need to be able to see and find my mark.

I hope someone can help me get my issue resolved so I can start recording. Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Moving thread to Elements forum.

I am trying to figure out how to get my laptop to recognize my camcorder. I want to be able to see what I am recording on the laptop in real time.

Your camera is not designed to do that.

You can attach the camera to a TV  and watch your recordings.

Might be possible to connect a field monitor (but sure about that).

Read the manual for what the camera can do (and not can do).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines