• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copy and Pasting a clip

New Here ,
Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Premiere Elements 2020.  What is the best way to copy a portion of Video A and paste it in Video B?  Both Video A and B utilize photoshop elements 2020.

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are in the Photoshop Elements forum.  I will move your post to the Premiere Elements forum where you will get more expert help.  But to get the basics, I suggest you look at the Trim and Split Clips Guided Edit which will walk you through the process:

Snap_2022.03.21_12h28m5s_003.png

Essentially, you can select videos A and B in the Organizer and then choose to edit them in Premiere Elements.  The two videos will be placed on the Premiere Elements timeline.  You can move them around by click-and-dragging them into your desired order.   For example, if you want to add a portion of Video A to the beginning or end of Video B, you can delete the unwanted parts of Video A and drag the desired portion to the beginning or end of Video B.  Once your edits have been completed, you then need to render the project containing both videos to a new video file containing both.

I hope this makes sense to you.  If not, the experts in the Premiere Elements forum will help you out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greg has it right if the "videos" are in one project.  If you mean "projects" when you write "videos",  Premiere Elements does not allow cutting part of one project and pasting it into another.   There is a 'work around' if you need it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2022 Aug 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what is the work around??? One of the big flaws I've found in Premiere Elements is the inability to re-use edited video clips. Example: a memorable soundbite from the Jan. 6 hearings, which are online for download in their full two-hour entirety. Once you find the quote you can delete the content before and after, but if you want to use the soundbite again in the same project or another project you have to start from the beginning each time. It ought to be available to be saved as a standalone .prel clip if I need it, but it isn't as far as I know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not unique to Premiere Elements.  I'm not aware of a video editor or program that will simply divide clips into pieces.  

The work around is to make new, intermediate clips.  You pick the part you want and output a new clip that can be used in any project or several projects.   

The easy way is to mark the beginning and end of the "sound bite" with the work area bars.  Then at output, there is a check box for the work area only.  Name the output files to tell you what sound bite they are.  The advantage is that you can leave the entire 2 hour piece on the timeline while you move the work area bars to create the collection of sub clips.  Or, you can keep the project with the single recording intact and output the bites as you need them.

In theory there may be some compression loss of quality.  But, in reality it is undetectable.   

If you don't see the work area bars, I can post a screen shot showing where they are.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. I will give this a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines