• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Effects box problems

Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2018 Nov 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like to use the crop tool to split the screen. When the box comes up, the choices are “motion,” “Opacity,” and “a third item” which allows me to bring in the borders on all 4 sides ( I forget what it’s called.) However, when I later want to adjust this last effect, I am unable to bring it up. When I hit the “applied effects” tab on the upper right side of the screen, just the “motion” and “Opacity” items are visible. No matter how I click, I can’t seem to get back this 3rd ‘border’ item to appear in the box. I am using Elements 14.

Any ideas?

1. Thanks.

LNovik

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 03, 2018 Nov 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I understand what you're saying, you want to re-open the Crop effect in Applied Effects.

But it's not clear: Did you apply the Crop effect to your clip? If so, when you select this clip on your timeline an click Applied Effects, the Applied Effects panel will display Motion, Opacity and whatever other effects you've added to it.

If you haven't applied Crop to the clip, I don't know what this "third item" is you're describing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2018 Nov 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, thanks for trying to understand my problem. I therefore now went back and started this process on another clip. I went to to the bottom of the screen, nearer to the Right (on my Elements 14 ver), and chose "Fx/Effects." Then, to the right of my video screen, the pop up Applied Effects box is displayed. It lists Motion, Opacity and--here is the term I couldn't remember----"Crop." Under the "Crop" name are all those displays, such as right, left, top and bottom.

So, if after doing this--and exiting and going onto something else, I later think that I'd like to change those borders somewhat, I then activate the given clip and hit "applied effects" on the right of my screen. What comes up is just the motion and opacity fields, but no "crop" field. Perhaps, since I have already done this, you are implying that I have to start this whole process anew, but I don't know why the Motion effect comes up without the crop one. I almost always use the motion parameter to move my images one way or another.

Hope that's clearer. If not, I really value your replies and would be happy to try again.

Thanks again.

LNovik

Lastly, is there any other way to get the "crop function" to come up a little faster. I have to scroll thru countless screens before the "crop" choice appears. That is, when I first try to look for the "crop" function on the right bottom of my screen, under Fx/Effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unless you have applied the Crop effect to your clip, Crop will not appear on the clip's Applied Effects panel.

If you can post a screen capture of the program displaying what you're describing as the Crop effects settings, we may better be able to understand what's going on and offer advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could try to figure out how to post a screen shot, but first: If I HAD NOT applied a crop to a given clip, why would any effects, such as the Motion and Opacity, appear when I hit the Applied Effects tab on the right of the screen.

Unless, I am thinking, that after I inserted the crop clip into a clip, perhaps I did not use the crop function, but just the Motion function.. I'll keep looking at that.

LNovik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Motion and Opacity are always there.  You don't add them.

To post a screenshot, press the Print Screen (prt sc) button.  That puts a copy of your screen on your memory "clipboard".  To transfer it to this forum, put the cursor where you want and press CTRL+V.  That will paste the contents of your clipboard into your post. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines