Exit

Encodage vidéo trop long sous Adobe Premiere Element

Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2022 Mar 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello tout le monde, 

Je vous explique le topo : Sous Adobe Premiere Element

Avant j'encodais en MP4 avec un laptop i5 8Go et je mettais 1h environ pour une vidéo de 12Go 1080p Codec H264 Audio AAC Débit 15Mbps en 30FPS.

Mais avec mon nouveau pc qui est beacuoup plus puissant : AMD 5900X 32Go de RAM je met à peu près le même temps avec les même paramètres. Est-ce normal?...

PS: Le test a été fait avec le même fichier .prel pour exclure la question des effets appliqués etc...

Merci d'avance.

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the newer computer would process faster.  

How long is the video?  What are the video specifications?  What are the project settings?  What are the output settings?  What version of Premiere Elements are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

C'est évident que le nouveau pc devrait encoder plus rapidement.

Durée de vidéo 1h50

Specification vidéos : 1080p 30fps

Paramètres projets : paramètres par défaut et je suis 2 pistes Vidéo/Audios + 1 piste Musique c'est tout (Element, Sequence 02), 1080p, 48kHz Stéréo

Paramètres de sorties : MP4, H.264, 30FPS, Audio AAC, 160 Kbits/s, 48 kHz, Stéréo, Débit, Cible : 15Mbps Max : 40Mbps, 16:9, VBR 1 pass, Codage logiciel (je n'ai pas de CPU Intel mais j'ai un AMD 5900X)

Version de Adobe premiere Element : 2022.

Merci par avance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In your first post you said it took about an hour to create the video.  In your second post you said the video takes almost two hours to play.  That means your output "rendering" is about half the time of the video itself.  From my experience that is very fast and what I would expect from the best of computers.   I don't know why your older i5 computer could be so fast.  It does not make sense to me that an i5 computer with 12 GB or RAM could process in half the time of the video playback.    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1h50 est la durée de la vidéo et 1h est la durée d'encodage oui.

Je vous assure que je met exactement le même temps. Sauf que avec le i5, presque 100% du CPU était utilisé. Alors que avec le 5900X seulement entre 20 et 28%...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm going beyond my knowledge level but, I think it might be that Premiere Elements can only use a couple of "cores" in the CPU.    I tried to look that up and failed.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

C'est ce que je pensais. Ce n'est vraiment pas judicieux de la part de Adobe. Sinon à quoi bon acheter un processeur à 350E pour ne pas en profiter! Bref merci en tout cas pour votre retour.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 20, 2022 Mar 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I said I was beyond my knowledge level.  I certainly don't know how Adobe designs their products.  HOTELECHOMIKE writes that his is working differently.   You are getting fast output performance. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 20, 2022 Mar 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bill - my PC has a AMD Ryzen 5 3400G processor with 4 cores / 8 threads and I see all 8 threads busy when rendering - both when rendering the preview & when exporting / sharing.

This is with PE2021; I also have PE14 installed and I believe that also used the 8 threads.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines