• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export and Share Quality - Adobe Premiere Elements 2020

Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.  I am having an issue with the resulting mp4 file from doing an Export and Share.

Once I've completed creating my video, I click on Export & Share, Computer, Resolution and choose HD 1080.  I am creating this mp4 file for my YouTube channel, and to store on my google photos account/site.

My timeline contains both photos (jpg) and video files (mp4) taken on my Google Pixel 3 phone camera/video camera.

When I look at the video files on my phone, they look fine and smooth.

But, when I add them to the Adobe Premiere Elements 2020 project and export to the resulting .mp4 file, many of the video files are "jerky".  By that, I mean that when I am doing a slow pan say - from right to left, the pan is "jerky" and not smooth. 

When the mp4 file, located in the timeline is run and shown in the "preview area" above the timeline, it looks pretty good and smooth.  However, when I look at the finished product, that same segment (mp4 file) of the exported movie is not.

Any thought?

I appreciate your help...

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look under the Edit menu. What is listed on the General page under Project Settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2020 Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Steve. 

I appreciate your replying.

Here's what I see:

Project Settings - General.jpg

By the way, I watched your youtube videos on this product.
You did a great job with the content and in speaking - very professional.

Thanks,

Ken

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve.
08-03-2020 Update to this problem.

I think I've found the root cause, and it may be something that you can use to help others that create a video file from the video camera from a Google Pixel 3, then import into Premiere Elements 2020.

The cause is the FPS (frames per second) setting for the Pixel 3 video camera.

The options are: Auto and 30 FPS.

Auto causes the camera to choose between 60 FPS and 30 FPS, based on the lighting.  And, it can change during the filming of that file/segment!!

And... it can cause problems for "third party" software, as seen in this link, and the extracted sentence:

Link: https://www.androidpolice.com/2018/11/05/confused-about-the-pixel-3s-missing-60fps-1080p-video-optio...

Extracted text: Footage that switches back and forth between 30fps and 60fps could also pose issues for editing or playing on third-party platforms — not to mention just looking strange.

I tested this by leaving the camera on 30 FPS setting, importing it into Premiere Elements, rendering, and exporting as HD file.

When I played it, NO PROBLEMS.

When I changed the settings to Auto and repeated the test, SAME PROBLEMS.

So, lesson learned, and I wanted to share with you and the community.

Thanks for all you do!

Ken

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great detective work, Ken! And thanks for sharing it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines