• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export Error Message in Premiere Elements 2023

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2022 Nov 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to export a video file in Premiere elements 2023. I get an error message when trying to export.prel file to mp4. "An internal error has occurred. Check if there is enough space on the disk."  Thereis planty of space on my hard drive, and I slo tried to eport to a large flash drive with no success. I opened and closed the program as well with no success. 

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Explorer , Feb 03, 2024 Feb 03, 2024

Hi there. I am encountering the same problem that others have, but am not clear on the solution.

I have 43 gigs on Windows 10, and 479 gigs on Windows 11 of hard drive space, and am using both Windows 10 and Windows 11. I am trying to save it in a sub-folder. I haven't had this problem before, even on this particular video that I am editing. I saved it as a PREL file, no problem there, but when I tried saving it as an MP4 file, as usual, it gave me this error message just like the others in this

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Feb 03, 2024 Feb 03, 2024

"Several gigs" is not enough space.  A rule of thumb is that you should consider keeping about a third of the disk available.   Rendering and exporting requires a lot of space for temporary files.   How big is your drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How long is your movie and how much free space is on your hard drive?

What happens if you output a five minute movie?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2023 Jan 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not recommend this program. Big problem with export. Only in two cases did it export two movies of one hour each, then it didn't work at all and I had to select QUICK EXPORT, but that way it loses quality. I like the menu and the settings, but it spoils the EXPORT. Until a month ago, I had PREMIERE ELEMENT 11 and it did not give such errors. It makes your hair white... And how do you recommend us to divide the film into several parts?!... We gave money to use it with the hope that it is good. Give us a concrete solution to solve the problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the recommendation, Preda. Do not buy the 10 year old version of the program. Got it. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgive me for being upset! I was wrong, I admit. I fell behind with wedding editing and I'm a bit tired. I enjoyed working in this program and I like it, but I was disappointed by the repeated errors during export. I wish you all the best and I will read the posts here more carefully in the hope that I will find the solution for myself. Good evening everyone! 🙂
PS: Can you delete my first message? 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me also apologize, Preda. I should not have been nearly so snarky. It's just that I spent hours on this board and my own personal board helping people with problems, so I get annoyed with someone shows up to just slam the program. But my response was still inappropriate and rude. If I could I'd delete my response also. Take care, my friend.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2023 Jan 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I felt a relief in my soul seeing this message. 🙂 I'm glad that we are reconciled. I appreciate the fact that you help us with advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2023 Feb 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having issues with program freezing.  I've just been closing down and restarting.  My question has to do with exporting.  I have a 20 minute video with mostly photos and a few video clips.  After exporting, there are 3 photos that do not show up -- there is just a black space till the transition to the next photo.  (They are all pics of me - promise I'm not a vampire!!)  All photos in the whole video are the same size, taken with the same iPhone.  I've tried rearranging the photos.  Same result.  Any ideas??  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2023 Aug 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mr. Grisetti. I have an MPG4 video with music that I made with Premiere Elements 2023 on my Windows 11 pc. I want to export as an MPEG2 so I can put it on a DVD that will play in a DVD player. I also am getting the error message that I do not have room to save it. It is 1.2 GB and plays for a bit over 9 minutes. I reduced the file size successfully to somewhere around 570 MB (it still plays beautifully as the MPEG4 btw) and still get the error messagewhen try to export it as a 2....I have plenty of room on my hard drive - I even cleared away stuff. Do I need to get an actual video converter?. Thank you! (Your YouTube videos for Premiere Elements are great - I use them often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 03, 2024 Feb 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there. I am encountering the same problem that others have, but am not clear on the solution.

I have 43 gigs on Windows 10, and 479 gigs on Windows 11 of hard drive space, and am using both Windows 10 and Windows 11. I am trying to save it in a sub-folder. I haven't had this problem before, even on this particular video that I am editing. I saved it as a PREL file, no problem there, but when I tried saving it as an MP4 file, as usual, it gave me this error message just like the others in this thread.

On premiere elements 2023 that says "internal error occurred enough space on disk"

*update*

I even tried the Quick Export and it gave me the same error message.

*update*

When I tried testing it by exporting to YouTube it gave me the "begin here" screen, but when I tried to export the export window popped up with a blank (white)screen. This happened on both Windows 10 and Windows 11.

*update*

I closed the PREL file and then opened it up again and something else I noticed that I don't know if it's related to this problem is that when I tried to Render the video, the dialog boxed appered for a second, and then disappeared. It won't render.

Update:

I just checked and I have 479 gigs on my hard drive, not just several gigs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 03, 2024 Feb 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Several gigs" is not enough space.  A rule of thumb is that you should consider keeping about a third of the disk available.   Rendering and exporting requires a lot of space for temporary files.   How big is your drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. The Adobe prelim file is 880 kb. It has about 145 pictures and 7 short mp4 video clips.

The combined mp4 file is to be about 1.2 gb. Unfortunately I get the check to see if there is enough space on the disk message. I have over 200 gb storage space available?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My video is about 13 minutes 30 seconds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 21 minute video (essentially slideshow with a few video clips)
that will take about 2.9 GB as a mp4 file. My open space is about 300 GB. I
have found a workaround- By going to custom settings, I
successfully exported it to a wmv file (wmv 9). It took about 0.9 GB. While
not as high res as I would like, at least I have something that I can
share.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 15, 2022 Nov 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should not have to do that, Mark. And you definitely should not have to compromise your video quality or use an antiquated codec.

It could be that the program is overloading on the photos and video -- which it should not do but sometimes it does. You don't say the source or specs of your video, but compare that to what is listed under the Edit menu, on the General page under Project Settings. If it is not an exact match, you're not working at your most efficient.

Likewise, we used to recommend optimizing your photo sizes for use on your timeline by reducing the photos to no larger than 3000x1850 pixels in size. That's usually no longer necessary. But if your program is choking, it might be worth looking into.

Another simple solution could be to do your 21 minute video as 4 five-minute videos (more or less) and then combining the results into one final mix-down. This can often prevent the program choking -- or at least isolate where your problem is occuring.

To do this, just make four copies of your 21 minute project and then pare each down to about 5 minute videos of part 1, part 2, part 3 and part 4.

As I say, you used to have to do this, back when the program was more primitive and computers and operating systems were less powerful. In most cases, you won't have to. But something is choking somewhere in your project, so you may need to let off the accelerator a bit and see what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve, i have the same problem, i try to export a short under 1 minute sekvens and i get the message about internal error and disk space, i have more tha 700gb of free so thats not the problem.

You wrote about Quicktime somwere in this forum and i checked tha i have 7 pro installed, however not on drive C but on D.

Whats the problem, i cant use the program now so i'm thinking of taking the purchase back.

Tony

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems to have been a problem with non standard resolution.

Instead of saying so, Premiere reports a "Disk Error".

Tony

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2022 Dec 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem that I can't solve. When I export large files in custom mode in mpeg2 the message appears to me and there is no solution to be able to continue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2022 Dec 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me the same problem when I exported my file in custimez mode (mpeg)...... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2023 Mar 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have the same problem. My clip is 40 sec. long. Memory requirement 140 MB. I have enough disk space and RAM. Premiere elements 2323. However, the clip cannot be saved, indicating that there is not enough storage space or an internal error. This appears to be a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2023 Apr 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm now getting the same error.  Odd thing is that I loaded a project from last week that exported with no problems and now that same project gets the "not enough space error" (it's not a big project only 3 minutes).  There is plenty of disk space (even tried saving to a different drive).   I then tried using the preset MP4-H264 settings and I get the same error on the project that worked last week.  This is getting extremely frustrating for a problem that Adobe has known about for 6 months.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2023 Apr 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After trying several different scenarios with just a few still images, I think I've isolated what is causing my problem(s?).  I have a background image on track 1 and on track 2 and 3 I have to vertical images.  I wanted the two vertical images to "slide in" from the sides and then "slide out".  Easy enough with keyframes on the motion.  And that is what causes the export error.  If I only have one image with key frames, it works, but with two images with key frames in the same scene it gives me the "internal error - not enough disk space" error.

The odd part is that this worked under the Trial Version just a week or two ago (I tested with a 10+ minute slide show with multiple occasions of two vertical images in the same scene - as well as horizontal pictures and a few short videos).  The output had the "trial version" watermark, so when I opened the same project and tried to export without the watermark this week (after purchasing the license), then I started getting this error.  I do remember Adobe pushed out an update to Premiere Elements last week;  I wonder if this update "broke" something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2023 Apr 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One additional item - if  I get the error once, it will continue to happen even if I remove all the images with key frames and just have still images.  I have to close Premiere Elements and restart it for the error to stop occurring.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2023 Apr 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Feel a little odd replying to myself again, but some more trial and error this morning and the results are:

• Trying a short 2 minute project with a couple of short videos and about 20 images with the built in transitions (slide - push and slide - slide) and I get the error message.
  • Using photoshop elements, went in and resized all the images to be 1080 pixels "tall" (width varied based on the orignal image, but none greater than 1920 pixels).
  • Restarted Premiere Elements and loaded the project and now it exports ok.

So, I guess it was "choking" on resizing the images with transitions and/or keyframe motion edits. 

My PC is an older machine and may only meet the minimum requirements (it's an Intel i7 - but may be 5th and not 6th generation, Windows 10 21H2, 16 GB ram), but it is working.  And as noted above, I did the trial version to be sure and it DID work then without resizing the images (just had the watermark on the output).  So, I'm still puzzled on why it worked in the trial period, but not after I purchased the lisence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 20, 2023 Apr 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Walt, 

Thank you for posting your efforts and conclusions.  Pleasse don't feel "odd".  This is intended to be a problem solving forum and you're helping with that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines