• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting in Premiere Elements 15

Explorer ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using PE after a long period away from it. I managed to edit my video but have an issue with the export. I've tried several formats, including the default Quick Export, and the same thing happens - when I play the exported video it displays the filename and is otherwise all black for the first 3 seconds until my actual content starts.

What do I have to do to have the exported video simply play my content without the filename and initial blank 3 seconds?

Thanks.

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

There is nothing about your export format that will affect when your movie begins. So, if your video project definitely begins at the start of your timeline, the issue is more likely with your media player.

I highly recommend installing VLC Media Player as your media player, whether you are on a Mac or a PC.

Which media player are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

The players are displaying the name of the file. It's not actually on the file.

In VLC, you can turn this feature off, for instance, by going to Tools/Preferences and, on the Subtitles page, uncheck Show Media Titles on Video Start.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is nothing about your export format that will affect when your movie begins. So, if your video project definitely begins at the start of your timeline, the issue is more likely with your media player.

I highly recommend installing VLC Media Player as your media player, whether you are on a Mac or a PC.

Which media player are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, the initial blank period was due to my video not starting all the way to the left in the timeline. Silly mistake on my part no doubt due to my long absence from PE. But...

I'm on a Windows 10 machine. I've tried playing a Quick Export now with VLC and Windows Media player and they both are displaying the filename at the beginning of the exported mp4 video (the former displays the filename at the bottom, the latter at the top left).

It's a concern as I want to send this video to someone to use on their social media but the display of MyNewVideoProject3 at the beginning is irrelevant and obstrusive. How do I stop that?

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The players are displaying the name of the file. It's not actually on the file.

In VLC, you can turn this feature off, for instance, by going to Tools/Preferences and, on the Subtitles page, uncheck Show Media Titles on Video Start.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please mark this post as correctly answered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines