• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

From Premiere elements 2014 to 2020 or even Pro.

Explorer ,
Sep 19, 2020 Sep 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've been running Premiere Elements 2014until today on my old PC without no problems. I did not feel the need to update, but now I have a new PC and I'd like to buy the latest version.

Will my projects I am currenly still editing in Premiere Elements open without struggle in version 2020?  Can I just continue editing or are there more things to take notice of?

I also am thinking of switching to Pro, but I guess the projects made in Elements do not 1:1 open in Pro, right? It is still possible to run Elements 14 next to Premiere Pro right?

|Thanks for your replies and advise.

Ronald

The Netherlands

TOPICS
FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 19, 2020 Sep 19, 2020

Projects created in version 14 will not open in version 2020 of Premiere Elements. They also won't open in Premiere Pro. With Premiere Elements, it's always wise to complete any project in the version it was created with.

However, you can install version 14, version 2020 and Premiere Pro all on the same computer with no problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 19, 2020 Sep 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Projects created in version 14 will not open in version 2020 of Premiere Elements. They also won't open in Premiere Pro. With Premiere Elements, it's always wise to complete any project in the version it was created with.

However, you can install version 14, version 2020 and Premiere Pro all on the same computer with no problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 20, 2020 Sep 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot for your clear and helpfull answer!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 20, 2020 Sep 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OutintheBlue,

There is a brand new feature in Premiere Pro called "Scene Edit Detection".   It cuts a finished video into clips.  You could put a video finished in Premiere Elements, or any other editor, into Premiere Pro as an asset and Premiere Pro would then make a "project" out of it.

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/scene-edit-detection.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines