• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Getting Elements 2020 to work on Windows 11

New Here ,
Nov 27, 2021 Nov 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have tried without success to install Photoshop and Premier Elements 2020 on my new windows 11 laptop.  I get the message:

"Update required.  Your browser or operating system is no longer supported. You may need to install the latest updates to your operating system"
Obviously the laptop has the latest operating system, my guess is that Adobe appears to require installation via an Internet Explorer window and windows 11 doesn't support IE, only Edge.  I have tried running Edge in IE mode but would need to add the URL of the installer to the "open in IE mode list" to possibly make it work. (I assume, I am not a computer geek). Then again I may be completely wrong.  Has anyone got this to work on Windows 11?
Thanks in advance

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 27, 2021 Nov 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure how you are doing the installation.  You need to get a fresh installation file.   Log into your Adobe account where you registered the application.  I should allow you to get the right file. 

On this page there is a link under "Don't see your version?" that will take you to your account.  https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/premiere-elements-downloads.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I have nearly the same problem as described above . except that Photoshop- and Premiere Elements 2020 on my windows 10 (64 bits) laptop were already installed.  Both programs are working correctly. Every time when I launch Premiere Elements 2020 I am getting the same Adobe message (translated from Dutch to English) :

"Update required. Your browser or operating system is no longer supported. You may need to install the latest updates for your operating system."

I am using also only Windows Edge (not IE11). Meanwhile I have upgraded to Windows 11. I am getting still exactly the same Adobe message again. Also with Windows 11 both programs are still working correctly. It is only the Update that can not be installed for some reason.

How can I manage to make it possible to download this update?

Your help is very appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem solved!

Solution:

Firtsly I have downloaded and reinstalled Premiere 2020 from my account page and after launching  the program I did the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2022 Apr 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did the same, but I can't upgrade after it's installed, as the program doesn't run on my new laptop that came with windows 11....???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines