• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HEIF Support in Premiere Elements 2018 and Elements 2018 Organizer

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2018 Jun 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have searched and only found questions about support for the HEIF (file extension HEIC) format now used by Apple on the iPhone - no answers.  I have taken hundreds of photos which are sitting in various folders and need to use them in Organizer/Premiere Elements.

I know there are tools to convert them to JPEG but this is a problem because:

• It will cause a loss of fidelity (transcoding from one lossy format to another)
  • It will mean multiple copies of the same photos, some well-organized by Organizer and others not

Are there plans in the near future to support the format?  I've used Premiere Elements for many years now and I really don't want to invest in a competing product that does what I need.

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user forum and nobody knows what will be in future releases. 

I don't do Apple, but I read that Premiere Pro can work with HEIF.

Last week there were new releases for both Lightrooms  and Adobe Camera Raw.  I've not checked for Photoshop.  The update notes say that HEIC support is now included for users running on macOS High Sierra v10.13 or later.  The version for ACR listed is 10.4.

Photoshop and Premiere Elements both have ACR and get updates but not always as quickly as the CC apps.  I'm not sure if the Photoshop Elements version has all the features of the Photoshop CC version. 

So, in some ways it appears Adobe is moving in the right direction.  There will not be release of the Elements programs before fall of this year.  Hopefully HEIF and HEIC will then be included.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info, I realize this is a user forum but at the moment don't have the means to contact Adobe directly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Even if you did contact Adobe directly, no one will say what is in future releases until they are released. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines