• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I buy an older version of Premiere Elements?

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been searching for an answer to this to no avail: I have Premiere Elements 9, which has been adequate, and I didn't have the money to upgrade.  Now I'm ready to do so, but the newest version 2021 (and now 2022) requires a PC with a sixth-generation processor.  Mine is only second-generation.  I checked older versions and found the newest version I can run is v2020.  I was able to download it as a trial version and it does run OK, but I can't figure out how to buy it.  When I try, I'm taken to the page to buy the latest version, which I can't run.  If I buy v2022, will that activate v2020?  Is there some way to buy an older version that I'm not seeing?  I can find it on eBay but it costs much more than buying direct from Adobe, which has it on sale frequently.  It will likely be several years before a 6th-gen PC is cheap enough for me to buy one, and I'd like to use a newer version of PE long before then!

TOPICS
Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unless you can find one on eBay, I'm not sure what to suggest. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be VERY careful buying used software... never buy a used download, only a disc, and be sure you see the 'face' of the disc in a picture so you know it is original and not a possibly hacked copy

Something 'low cost' like Premiere Elements is less likely to be hacked, but thieves want to install malware with a program to steal your information

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"If I buy v2022, will that activate v2020?"

No, it won't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And if you find a legitimate used version, see here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/transfer-product-license.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines