• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How Do Create A Background For Using The Green Screen In Premiere Elements 15?

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2017 Oct 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have read and viewed all the tutorials I can find on using the green screen and video merge effects but I can not seem to get it to work properly.  I am thinking my background is the problem.  How do I create the background I want to merge with the green screen?

Thank you for any help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about the new background you're going to add with Videomerge or are you talking about the green screen or blue screen background behind the person you're going to Videomerge into the new background?

Have you seen my tutorial on the subject? I explain what makes a good key shot.

Chroma Key and Videomerge in Premiere Elements - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post screenshot of you greenscreen footage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for answering,

I am talking about the background to replace the green screen. I have the

video of the person in front of the green screen, now I need to create or

buy a nice clean looking background to replace the green screen.

Thanks,

Joel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

screen shot.JPG

How do I create a background to replace the green screen?  Do I need the green screen on the desk, or leave it uncovered?

Any help would be great!  I am trying to make something fun for some kids about the golden rule.  However this seems to be more involved than I anticipated when I agreed to do it.  ha ha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The background can be any image you get from anything you have.   It goes on a track below the video.  Then you put the video above it and cause the green to go clear with a green screen effect.

I encourage you to watch the YouTube video that Steve provided above.   It shows how you use any photo for the bottom track and then turn the green in the video to clear and be able to "see through" the green. 

Your table will disappear.  If you want to keep it, take the green off of it.  Also, your lighting is not perfectly consistent, so you may have a little difficulty.  But it should work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you looked at the tutorial I posted above? It shows you how to do exactly what you're asking for.

As for areas that don't key well -- like the bright spot on the left and the desk that is showing, use a Garbage Matte to trim those areas away before you apply your Chromakey/Videomerge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines