• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to lock audio track

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2021 Oct 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys I just got Premier elements 2021, and I for the life of me cannot figure out how to unlock an audio track. I edit music videos for fun and have the music on audio one track, but every time I try and put down the edit video, the audio for the video will replace the audio that I have on track one please help

TOPICS
Audio

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can probably help, but I don't understand what you mean by "put down the edit video".  Perhaps it is as simple as unlinking the number one video and audio.  But, I'm not sure what you are doing.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reread you post where you start with, "cannot figure out how to unlock an audio track".  You can select a video track that has audio attached to it, right click and get a popup menu.  On that menu is a choice to "unlink" the video and audio tracks.  That will make the audio track completely independent.  You can move it along the track, move it to another track or delete it entirely.  You can then put any audio track in its place on track one. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2021 Oct 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you look at the attached photo, I put music to films aka Music videos, and the old elements would allow me to just put a track, aka the song im using, onto the timeline and "lock" it, essentially allowing me to put different parts of the movie onto the timeline without it disturbing the music track, but now this new version just has me all sorts of messed up 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks fine to me.

Drop the separate audio file to Voice or Music. That is what its for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes but everytime i go to cut and replace a part of the video, it screws up the song track

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select the clip first then cut.

If you want to insert hold down Alt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2023 Apr 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In my Adobe Premier Elements 2022 Video Editor I don't understand your terminology when it come to Locking Video Tracks.

I have a project that I am using five Tracks. Video/Audio Track One(1)- Video/Audio Track Two(2) -  Video/Audio Track Three(3).

Also using Voice and Music Tracks.

Project is about 10 minutes long.

I have now found that I want to "Insert" at various points,  of addional Video/Photo Clips on Video/Audio Tracks 2 and 3.

I don't want to disrupt what is on Video/Audio Track one(1) or Voice and Music Tracks

I don't sere anywhere in Program the word "LOCK" or "Unlock" Tracks.

I do see the words "Enable" and "Unable" and "Group" and "Ungroup" but don't know how to apply the so I can not disturb the other Tracks when trying to insert new material on other tracks.

When I do insert a Clip or Photos it effect all Tracks leaving Gaps.

When inserting,  everything moves on all tracks leaving an spaces. (Gaps)

Question is how do I lock Tracks when trying to insert clips on other track.

Need to know what the procedure is when using "Enable" and "Unable" and "Group" and "Ungroup".

Past Adobe Video Editors had the ability to "Lock' and "Unlock" sperate Tracks.

But don't see that in 2022 version.  

Ray Isaacs

[personal info deleted by mod]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 23, 2021 Oct 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Move your music a track down.

Then mute audio 1 so you wont hear the original sound of the clips.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2021 Oct 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well that seems the most logical way, I'll show you guys what I'm doing on in a minute 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pretty much anytime i try to move the video that the cursor is, where the light blue is highlighted in the first pic, to where the red line on the timeline is, the audio will somehow move around the video, see pic 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines