• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to make transition effects cover only a small portion of the screen?

New Here ,
Sep 30, 2019 Sep 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been experimenting with the various transitions in the program, but they seem to all assume that the transition covers the entire screen at once. If you use Dip to White or Dip to Black, the entire screen will dip to white or black, rather than specifically the clips you are transitioning between. If you use the Wipe effects, it will mostly work as intended for smaller clips, but it will assume the total wipe covers the entire project, so the actual time of the wipe will be much smaller than anticipated. If you use the Slide effects, the small clip will usually traverse the entire screen while it is sliding. Etc.

I understand the reason this is the way it is, but is there any way to localise the transitions? Make it so I can have a small clip in the corner of the project that has its own transitions completely separate from the rest of the project? It's just not worth it to complete every single mini-project seperately.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reduce the length of the transition in the timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, the transitions will cover the entire clip you have applied it to. But if you have the clips resized or used as a picture in picture, the effect will only apply to the resized clips and not the entire video frame.

I'm not clear what you mean when you say "it will mostly work as intended for smaller clips, but it will assume the total wipe covers the entire project, so the actual time of the wipe will be much smaller than anticipated." Can you link to a YouTube video that shows what you're trying to do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines