• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to sync camera footage from two cameras?

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I run two  different video cameras; a Cannon Vixa and a Go Pro.  Does Premeire Elements sync both cameras footage using the audio like Premiere Pro?  Or is there another way to sync both camera footage?  Looking for a new editing software and I do not want to pay a monthly fee as I only make one or two videos a year.

Thanks

Aaron

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Elements does not do this automatically. It also does not have a multicam editing feature for cutting between two video sources.

At around the same price point, both Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 15 and CyberLink PowerDirector 16 and 17 include multicam editors. And, like Premiere Elements, they are a one-time purchase rather than a subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2018 Oct 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I do this pretty often.

1. Make sure the two clips have the same run rate and the audio is synced with the video.  I have issues when the source is variable frame rate (iPhone for example).  In that case I run the source through Handbrake before importing.  See here Editing iphone .mov files with variable frame rate   

2. I find some point where there is a loud noise, zoom into it, and set a clip marker.  Do the same on the second clip and then drag one on the timeline until the clip markers automatically snap align.  This works very well.  If I'm shooting with two cameras I clap my hands when I start the recording to give a nice clear audio peak.  Sometimes you can't get it absolutely perfect because the two cameras started at different points of time and their frames are up to a half frame out of sync.  Not usually noticeable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines