• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to watch lower clip while selected!

Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2023 Jan 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am just starting to use Adobe Premiere Elements 2018 and I have come across a problem! I have several clips, worked on one and made cuts, which is on Video 3, then brought down another one to position 1. Now I want to work on that one, highlighted it, but when it gets to the place where 3 starts it jumps up and I see no way of highlighting it! Help, please............ I am just a novice and struggling with a music video! 

TOPICS
FAQ , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Temporarily decrease the opacity of the clips on Video 2 and Video 3.

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-elements/using/superimposing-transparency.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2023 Jan 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks! My husband told me that but he also told me that this is very diffly, so I was hoping that there was something he had overlooked. Especially when I load a number of short general clips, it will be hardly worth the trouble! Editing my music videos took him such a long time that he now refuses to do it, but even his new, more professional editor is a pain! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also temporarily disable the upper tracks to make them invisible by clicking on the filmstrip icons on the track headers on the left side of the timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks........................ I will have a look at that, because my husband told me that making them less opaque is so fiddly........... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right click op top clip > uncheck enable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2023 Jan 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks.... I will try it! Could you maybe help me with something else? If I am working on a clip and of course, it is selected, how come the selection often jumps to another clip? Am I doing something wrong? If I see it I correct it, but sometimes I do, so I sttart to cut  bits in the wrong clip. Thanks............. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The program always defaults to the clip on Video 1. If you want to work on a clip on another video track, you have to manually select it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Many thanks, Steve.... I do that but it still jumps to clip 1. Is there something I could do to make sure that the right clip stays selected? Especially when one is a bit tired it is difficult to keep track of the fact that the selection has jumped again and I have been cutting bits on the wrong video. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines