Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HOWTO: Move Inserted Graphic / Photo to RHS of Frame

Engaged ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Working with PE2021 on a WIN10 PC...

When I insert a .jpg file into the timeline that is a photo or screenshot from a Smartphone, the graphic is scaled to the vertical limits with significant black bars left & right.  "Scale To Framesize" is enabled for this graphic.  Thats understood.

What I am at a loss to find out it how to move this graphic to the right-hand-side of the frame so that I can add some explanatory text in Video 2 to the left of the graphic.

All advice gratefully received.

TOPICS
Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

The best way would be to create the photo/black area composition in Photoshop Elements as a 1920x1080 graphic, then you could add your text to the black area.

But you can also do it manually in Premiere Elements. First ensure that Scale to Frame Size is turned off for the photo. You can do that either by turning off the preference before you import the photo into your project or by right-clicking on the photo on the timeline and, from the Clip sub-menu, unchecking Scale to Frame Size.

Then,

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The best way would be to create the photo/black area composition in Photoshop Elements as a 1920x1080 graphic, then you could add your text to the black area.

But you can also do it manually in Premiere Elements. First ensure that Scale to Frame Size is turned off for the photo. You can do that either by turning off the preference before you import the photo into your project or by right-clicking on the photo on the timeline and, from the Clip sub-menu, unchecking Scale to Frame Size.

Then, with the photo selected on the timeline, open Applied Effects and make the necessary adjustments to Scale and Position in the Motion effects category.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Steve - I used the second method you suggested (i.e. manually within Premiere Elements) & it worked fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines