• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't download premiere elements? Windows 10.

New Here ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I havent touched my premiere elements for a while. Got a new computer a few years ago and now I want to make new video. I went to Adobe website, logged into my account, clicked to download my Premiere Elements from 2019 (says version 17?). 

When I try to download it, I get an error message saying:  ''Update required, your browser or operating system is no longer supported. You may need to install the latest updates for your operating system.''

I did all my windows updates, my chromes is up to date also but it seems I cannot upgrade to Windows 11 on this computer. So, does that mean I bought Premiere Elements, but I cannot run it anymore with my ''old'' Windows 10? 

Can someone help me out? 

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solution 1: Cannot do, for I cannot update to Windows 11 on this computer sadly.

Solution 2: It says: Copy (and overwrite) the extracted executable to the following location: c:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\PDApp\P7 

But when I search for Adobe in the common files, there is no such file. 

Solution 3: Honnestly, I don't understand any of that, haha. I might have to look into it tomorrow but... I don't know how to ''Add Set-up.exe and AASIApp.exe in the registry at the below locations:

• [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURE_BROWSER_EMULATION]

Solution 4: I have no other Adobe application to try it... 😞 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I replied under your other identical post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Je n'ai pas touché à Premiere Elements depuis un moment. J'ai eu un nouvel ordinateur il y a quelques années et maintenant je veux faire de nouvelles vidéos. Je suis allé sur le site d'Adobe, je me suis connecté à mon compte, j'ai cliqué pour télécharger mon Premiere Elements de 2019 (ça version 17 ?).

Lorsque j'essaie de le télécharger, j'obtiens un message d'erreur disant : ''Mise à jour requise, votre navigateur ou système d'exploitation n'est plus pris en charge. Vous pouvez avoir besoin d'installer les dernières mises à jour pour votre système d'exploitation.''

J'ai fait toutes mes mises à jour Windows, mon chromes sest également à jour mais il semble que je ne puisse pas passer à Windows 11 sur cet ordinateur. Cela signifie-t-il que j'ai acheté Premiere Elements, mais que je ne peux plus l'utiliser avec mon ''ancien'' Windows 10 ?

Quelqu'un peut-il m'aider ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try a different browser?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried on Chrome and Microsoft Edge. 😞 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Messages merged, please do not post the same message twice

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I thought there was a different section for english and french. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2022 Jan 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,
I had a problem with Captivate recently asking me to sign in and saying the operating system is out of date and the support page (Update your operating system to work with Adobe apps)was less than helpful, my IT guys helped me with this link: Adobe Captivate: Your browser or operating system is no longer supported., although specifically for Captivate, it might help a bit more for your Photoshop.

Solution 1: dont need to update to Windows 11. First step would be to check that Windows is up-to-date. Do this by going to Settings > Windows Update and click on “Check for Updates” if this has not been done recently. If there are any updates available, they should start downloading and installing, if not you may have to push a button to start them off. Restart your system once the updates are ready.
Second step is to check your Internet Browser status, but not any internet browser, it has to be Explorer, regardless of the fact that it is not used anymore. Go to “Apps & Features” in Settings and click on “Optional Features”. Check that “Internet Explorer 11” is in this list. 
Open Internet Explorer (use the search bar next to Start to find it), click on the Setting icon on the top right and select “Internet Options”. Select the “Advanced” tab and scroll down to the bottom of the list to find the “TLS 1.2” setting and ensure it is checked, then click “OK”.

Solution 2: If you do not have the P7 folder, then it can be extracted as described from the program's intallation folder >Packages >AAM>P7.

Solution 3: So for adding the registry entries:
Open Registry Editor (use the search bar next to Start to find it) and go to the following location:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\ FEATURE_BROWSER_EMULATION]

Add new registry entries by right clicking, selecting new and select “DWORD (32-bit) Value”.

Type in “Set-up.exe” to replace “New Value #1”. Double click on this entry and change the value from “0” to “2af8”, ensure “Hexadecimal” is selected and click “OK”

Repeat this process for the registry entries “AASIapp.exe” and “Photoshop.exe” (if that is the application you are having trouble with, I had to use "AdobeCaptivate.exe").
Check that you also have the registry entries: “Acrobat.exe” and “AcroLicApp.exe”

Go to the following location and repeat the process of adding the 3 new DWORD entries:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\ FEATURE_BROWSER_EMULATION]

Solution 4: Not sure what you can do, the Captivate solution was to replace the set-up file in the intallation folder with the one they provided. My Captivate only worked after using this install file.

Hope this helps or you got it sorted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines