• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't play/pause my timeline footage. Need help asap, thank you.

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was working on a video sequence yesterday and today for some reason I am unable to play/pause my timeline footage. I need to insert a few more clips into my project and would like to upload this project to youtube this afternoon if possible. The software updates are current and I everything was working fine yesterday. Please help asap. Thank you!

I am using:

Premiere Elements 14

Acer Predator Helios 300

Intel i7

Nvidia Gforce GTX

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved from Premiere Pro forum to Elements Forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What model of camcorder is your video coming from? What is the format, resolution and frame rate of your video?

In Premiere Elements, under the Edit menu, what is listed on the General page under Project Settings?

How long is your movie?

When you first added a clip to the beginning of your timeline, did you see a yellow orange "render" line above this clip? This is an indication that your project settings do not match your video specs, which can greatly reduce the program's performance.

RenderLine.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the bad images i forget how to screen shot my laptop.

1. I'm using iphone 6 video imports

2. the movie is about 3 minutes long

3. Everything seems to be rendering okay.

23192410_10155175738888379_719948075_o.jpg

23192364_10155175743758379_1247859997_o.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of this matters though the play/pause feature was working fine yesterday. I haven't added anything to the project since then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phone footage is usually the issue.

It has variable framerate and Elements interprets the wrong framerate.

Convert footage with HandBrake to Contstand Framerate (not bitrate) before bringing it into Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll need more complete information in order to be able to help you. And yes it does matter or I wouldn't be asking.

Although it appears that your issue is most likely your video.

Do you have Quicktime 7 installed, per the program's system requirements?

QuickTime 7.6 for Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed Quicktime 7 and still experience the same issue. Any other suggestions/questions? Is there any reason why I was able to play my footage yesterday but not today? I am going to try updating my Windows 10 right now and see if that makes a difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 03, 2017 Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with Ann. That's why I'm trying to get more information from you. (For some reason, the last couple generations of iPhone have been capturing video with variable frame rates.)

To confirm this, open one of your video clips in the free download MediaInfo. In MediaInfo, set View to Text and then copy and paste that report to this forum. Then we'll better know how to proceed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2017 Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't think it's an iphone issue. I just opened up a brand new project and dropped an MP4 file I downloaded from youtube into the timeline and it's still not allowing me to play it. Maybe I need to uninstall and reinstall Adobe Premiere Elements? I recently edited a short music video from nothing but MP4 files I got from YouTube and I didn't have a problem. I'm assuming this is an issue with the software. Is there a tool that may have been turned on accidentally that blocks the play function?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines