• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just upgraded my Premier Element to the new 2022, due to a problem I had with my old version. But I have the same problem with the new version. I import media from a webcam. The file is 1.5 Gb and it takes about 9 minutes to play. When this file is opened in Adobes timeline it is reduced to only 2 minutes. If I open this file in any other programs than Adobe the hole file plays at 9 minutes. What is wrong? I am using Win 10.

TOPICS
Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open your video in the free download MediaInfo. In MediaInfo, set View to Text and copy the text of that report and paste it to this forum.

With this additional information about your file we'll be better able to advise you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, here is the information you asked for, I se the file is in NTSC and I
use PAL, is that the reason

Tank you in advance for you interest in my problem!

General
Complete name : I:\8mm\8mm 1979 5 høst\Adobe Premiere Elements
Captured Video\1979-5 høsten\1979-5 høsten.avi
Format : AVI
Format/Info : Audio Video Interleave
Commercial name : DVCPRO
Format profile : OpenDML
File size : 1.05 GiB
Duration : 9 min 30 s
Overall bit rate mode : Constant
Overall bit rate : 15.8 Mb/s
Video
ID : 0
Format : DV
Commercial name : DVCPRO
Codec ID : dvsd
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 24.4 Mb/s
Width : 720 pixels
Height : 480 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 4:3
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 15.000 FPS
Original frame rate : 29.970 FPS
Standard : NTSC
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:1:1
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Interlaced
Scan order : Bottom Field First
Compression mode : Lossy
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 4.710
Time code of first frame : 00:00:00;00
Time code source : Subcode time code
Stream size : 979 MiB (91%)

Audio
ID : 1
Format : PCM
Format settings : Little
Codec ID : 1
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 1 411.2 kb/s
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Sampling rate : 44.1 kHz
Bit depth : 16 bits
Stream size : 96.0 MiB (9%)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most likely a codec or framerate issue.

Convert your webcam file with Handbrake and make sure it is set to constant framerate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with Ann. It's also an older format, in standard resolution with an odd 15 fps frame rate.

Converting it to an MP4 with a constant frame rate of 30 fps should solve your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve and Ann are (as always!) correct.   But, if it were me, I might try something else before converting.   If the only thing wrong is that the play back speed has changed, you could try the Time Stretch tool in the Tools menu.  Does it work to set it at 25%?   I'm guessing that the project settings include 60 fps and therefore, PrE is thinking your 15 fps clip is to be played fast!

If it does not work, do the conversion with the (free) Handbrake program as Ann and Steve suggest.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your support. I hoped it was not necessary to work true another program to get the hole length of the file, sins I got a lot of this files in my digitizing of old 8 mm sounds films. In my experimenting with PrE, I see the right length of the file when the capture settings are HD and 29,99 fps.  The result is still 15fps and 720x480 and during the capture the recording window is black! I am using a web camera HD 1080p. Since I am doing this to capturing the audio track, and only using the video track to synchronize the audio track to the file with the scanned single picture of the movie. This works for me although this is not ideal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines