• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Incompatible display driver

New Here ,
Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Premiere Elements 2020, and I have not used it for about 18 months now. I have not changed my Windows 10 PC  during that time. I was able to use Elements with no issue last time I tried.

Anyway, when I launch the program I now get "we have detected an incompatible display driver...please update your display driver". I have checked in the device manager, the "display adapters" have the most up to date drivers installed. Same applies to the Monitors. I'm using an HP all in one machine as follows. Any help much appreciated 

Device name DESKTOP-IL6NR0M
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700T CPU @ 2.80GHz 2.81 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB (15.9 GB usable)
Device ID 80670AD3-1D1E-482F-8BDE-7422CA2B9F06
Product ID 00325-95940-56639-AAOEM
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display

Edition Windows 10 Home
Version 20H2
Installed on ‎12/‎03/‎2021
OS build 19042.1526
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4170.0

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>18 months now. I have not changed my Windows 10 PC  during that time.

Unless you are not connected to the Internet I am sure that you HAVE changed by allowing Windows updates

Do not count on Windows to be fully up to date when it comes to device drivers
Go to the vendor site to be sure you have an updated driver for your graphic adapter
nVidia Driver Downloads http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
-for Premiere Pro (and MAYBE Premiere Elements) use the STUDIO driver, not the GAMING driver
-such as (this MAY not be the latest) https://www.nvidia.in/Download/driverResults.aspx/177929/en-in
If you have a laptop you MAY also need to check for a laptop specific nVidia driver
ATI Driver https://www.amd.com/en/support
Intel https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/211969/Intel-HD-Graphics-Family

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the one in the link above https://www.nvidia.in/Download/driverResults.aspx/177929/en-in

But got this message:

BillS_0-1645724016701.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which graphics card is installed?

John needs to update his links.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[image: image.png]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 25, 2022 Feb 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>John needs to update his links

I clicked the 4 links I provided and they all work... so what needs to be updated?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>John needs to update his links

I clicked the 4 links I provided and they all work... so what needs to be updated?

By @John T Smith

Old driver and not showing for which card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Under "display adapters" I have AMD Radeon R7 A360 and Intel(R) HD Graphics 530 listed - are those the graphics cards? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes... you do not have nvidia so that link won't work

You MAY also need to go into BIOS and turn off the Intel function that is inside your CPU so your computer and the program are not "confused" about which to use

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your time. I was invited to email Adobe technical - they said that PE 2020 is no longer supported and invited me to buy PE 2022 for the full price  - which I find disappointing, considering I bought PE 2020 only 18 months ago as a "one off purchase". They asked me to download PE 2022 as a trial - I did and, it works perfectly on my machine. Their only other suggestion was to reinstall PE 2020 - I have not tried that yet.  

I use my PC for music production 99% of the time, and I am reluctant to try anything that might upset a machine that is working perfectly. 

What would you suggest? Again, many thanks for your help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If version 2022 works that MAY be your ultimate fix

BUT

First use the amd/intel links I provided to update what you have

And/Or

This is about Premiere Pro, but the idea is the same

Use BIOS https://community.adobe.com/t5/Premiere-Pro/quot-could-not-find-any-capable-video-play-modules-quot-... to select a display adapter

I have different hardware, with Intel 630 video as part of my Intel i9 processor and an nvidia GTX 1650

In MY computer the Intel 630 is automatically turned off so the GTX 1650 is used

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What graphics card do you have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

He posted AMD Radeon R7 A360 so I said to check for an update at the amd link I posted

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You said the AMD link was applicable if I had a laptop - I don't have laptop so I assumed it was not relevant. I did try right clicking on the AMD in Windows systems and it said it was up to date? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I did not say amd and laptop... reposting what I said

If you have a laptop you MAY also need to check for a laptop specific nVidia driver

Windows is not always correct, which is why I said to go direct to the vendor

Did you go to the AMD and Intel links to check?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated the AMD driver using the link you provided. Unfortunately it has been a disaster - I constantly get a message: "AMD Bug Report we detected a driver timeout has occurred" I have filled out the bug report tool. Nothing is working properly on my PC. I also got a notification saying the default Radeon wattman seetings have been restored due to a system error.

is there's simple way to reinstall the previous driver? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have nvidia, and when I once had a driver problem I went to the nvidia site for information, so you should check at the amd site

There may also be a help site that is specific to amd... maybe linked from the amd site

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines