• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

installing previous version of Premiere Elements difficulty

Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the current version of Premiere Elements, but wanted to reinstall the previously purchased version of Premiere Elements 12. I went to my account and products, downloaded and inserted the serial number. Everything seemed to go well. However, when I click on the Premiere Elements shortcut - nothing happens (I want the 12 because it allowed production of Bluray disks). I planned to produce in the current version. Move the completed file to the 12 to make bluray disks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version 12 is a BIG step backwards... what is your operating system?

Have you gone to the program folder on your computer drive to run the program from there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm stretching memory a little bit back to 2012! 

You should have two executable files with the same name but installed in different folders.  The one you want should be here:  "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 2012\PremiereElementsEditor.exe".   

The currrent version will have the same "PremiereElementsEditor.exe" name but should be in the "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 2021\" folder.  The only thing should be different is the folder. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2021 Sep 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes a big step back. However, you can't burn bluray DVDs in Premiere elements 2021 . you can in Version 12.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 22, 2021 Sep 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you using the Mac version of the program, defaulp? That can be a significant piece in this puzzle, as John indicated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines