• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to create a custom main menu in Premiere Elements? Or at least custom menu items?

New Here ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of the menu themes are a good fit for the project I'm currently working on. I've tried to google if it is possible to make a custom movie menu but haven't found anything so far. Has anyone been able to make custom menu icons or anything like that? 

I know you can change the backgrounds, font for the text, and some other small things, but I want to be able to add a custom icon for the chapter selections. (Mini side-rant: How is premiere pro the industry standard video editor and yet I can't make a main menu for dvds in it?)

TOPICS
Error or problem , Feature request , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the link to the Premiere Pro forum

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/bd-p/premiere-pro?page=1&sort=latest_replies&filter=all

Encore which came bundled with Premiere Pro CS6 was discontinued when the company that provided the actual 'burning' code to make a disc went out of business and Adobe lost the license to the modules

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_DVD_authoring_software

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot make or change menu items with Pr Elements. Menus are PSD files.

But If you are Photoshop savvy you can make custom dvd menus for Elements.

Not sure if you can do this is Ps Elements.

You will have to copy a menu for Elements root, open in Ps an figure out how the buttons work (as in prefixes) as there is no manual.

Then you can make your own custom menu and put that in the root of the program. Or just change the one you copied.

On a side note: You cannot make menus nor make dvd/bd disks with Premiere Pro. You need authoring software to do that.

Some of us still use Encore but Encore's menus are also made with Ps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ann Bens wrote:

But If you are Photoshop savvy you can make custom dvd menus for Elements.

Not sure if you can do this is Ps Elements.

It can be done in Photoshop Elements 15 and later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This might be helpful.

Though if you just want to do some basic customizing, you can try this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines