• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to create or import an intro video in Elements 2022?

Explorer ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using my Nero 11 I could add an intro video, a video that plays when the DVD is inserted but before the main menu. Is that possible in Elements 2022?

TOPICS
Tips and tricks , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Kind of cheating: put the intro in the Menu Background.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kind of cheating: put the intro in the Menu Background.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have added video there but it doesn't play, at least not in preview mode. Is it possible to create a custom video menu instead of a OOTB menu theme? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No it does not play in preview mode, did you try making an iso and play that.

Yes you can make custom menu but not with a video preview.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used a Movie Menu from the downloads (Aquarium) and then used Adjustments to replace the still image with a small video. It works in preview mode (video and sound) and when I create the .iso image. If I can use a template they provide I think I can create an animated menu with sound. If I can do it I'll post the .iso here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe does not provide a template.

You need to copy one from the root and changed it to your liking in Photoshop.

Making an intro before the menu we used to do this in Adobe Encore.

You made an intro in After Effects with moving background and animated fake buttons.

Then you put the movie in the background of Encore and made the real buttons invisible but with the highlight still working.

But that is something you cannot do in Elements: edit the buttons nor set the menu in a loop after the intro has played out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On DVDs there is an Intro that plays to completion and then transitions to the main menu, which also has an animated movie that plays and loops until you select a menu item. I am able to create this animated main menu but not the Intro movie.

I cannot attach an .iso image file but I did upload a short one to YouTube so you can see it. The menu doesn't work quite right on YouTube but you can see the animated menu and options

https://youtu.be/jGtAk_lW3iw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why not export a high quality file from the timeline and use that in Nero.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can do that and have on some other .iso files. The Nero version I have is no longer supported and they won't answer my question on the intro video, why it doesn't play anymore. I was hoping to be able to do something in Premier but the old Nero copy I have has more capabilities than Premier.  Premier does have some features that Nero doesn't so what I'll probably end up doing is create mp4 videos with Premier and then import them into Nero to do the other things I want.

I am the trip documenter for our group's fishing trips. We take 3 trips a year. Sometimes there are only a few minutes of videos and sometimes there may be an hour of videos. In Nero I can create a main menu with multiple trips on it. Select one and then you go to a chapter menu to find something specific.  All of this is in an .iso file on a 3 TB drive which I take on fishing trips. On stormy days we sit in the cabin and reminisce about past trips, jumping to our favorite spots in the video.

The intro videos on Nero are wmv files and I can copy them over to Premier or like you said, take a section of video from the timeline and make my own. 

I also bought a copy of Corel VideoStudio 2020, an offer from Lenovo when I bought my laptop from them. It's just sad, won't create ANY file, even after 3 installs. Their support group takes 1-2 weeks to answer me and now it's been a month since the last correspondance. So I bought Premier 2022 and that's working but not as well as I had hoped.  I may eventually break down and buy a 2019 copy of Nero. (Newer versions are subscription based, which I don't like. I want stand alone software. )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used the Entertainment/Broadway menu and then used the Adjustments area to add in a video and audio, then adjusted the text from black to a lighter color. The software kept the Play Movie and Scene Selection but overlayed the still image with the video. In another .iso file I had other movie links on the menu and I think I can add a box for that, but I haven't tried that yet.

The .iso image isn't permitted on the upload and the mp4 file doesn't have the menu. I have attached a jpg of the menu, best that I can do. There are cars going up and down the street, the "EL" is in the background, steam is coming out of the grate on the right, you can hear the "EL" on the track and music is playing.  It's very close to what I wanted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines