• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Jerky Video in timeline -Premiere Elements 2022 - File plays fine in all other programs

New Here ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow... what a dissapointment Premiere Elements 2022 has turned out to be.

I have a new PC designed for video and photo editing/  24 gig RAM,  i7 CPU (i7-10750H) , SSD had drive running Windows 10, Nvidia GeForce GTX1650 Ti graphics card.

I have old version of Premiere CS5.5, vegas video and variopus other editing software.

Though I'd try Premiere Elements for easy edits.... What a piece of crap!   Video playback on timeline is SOOOO jerky, I'm not able to edit it properly.  Same files play back flawlesly in Premietre CS 5.5, Vegas video and Windows media player.  

I've tried numerous project settings, upgraded to the latest Premiere 2022, upgraded my Nvidea graphics card to latest edition.... Video playback is still jerky as hell. 

What gives Adobe?   I thought you have good products.

This ones a fail!  Would like to get my money back

Barry 

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a four year old laptop with lower specs than yours.  I have no trouble with "smooth" timeline performance.  It is never jerky, even with 4K video.   When this comes up on this forum, it usually gets fixed with some settings adjustments.   Oddly, one of the settings has to do with audio.  If it is wrong, the computer somehow gets overloaded and slows down the preview generations.  There may be exceptions, so by all means, use the 30 day satisfaction guarantee to get your money back.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure Default Input in the Audio Hardware in the Preferences is set to No Input.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2023 Mar 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have exactly the same problem.
Now I have the trial version of Premiere Elements.
I was thinking of buying the program, but if it works this badly, I probably won't.
Too bad I had thought a little more quality from Adobe. ðŸ˜­

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines