• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Locking an Object in Place for Movie Film Cleanup

New Here ,
Dec 21, 2021 Dec 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using PE 21 and have scanned old movie films, they need cropped and cleaned a bit. During the scanning the film drifted around the screen over the course of 30 minutes. Is there a way to lock in on a frame line or film sprocket hole to lock it in place during the entire run of the film? 

TOPICS
Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know of anything that can do that inside Premiere Elements.  How did you scan the film?  What scanner did you use?  Does it come with software to do any of that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used a Wolverine Pro to scan, really good quality for the old films. It doesn't offer any software to do that though. You have to back off on the cropping when scanning because on 6 hour scans frames will float around.  I thought I saw a Adobe program that locked in on something like a persons eyes then it would lock the eyes at a certain spot on the screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you can do it in Adobe After Effects, but I would have to do some work to learn how.   A quick search provided a quick link to an example of something similar.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZHoa9bxoxc&t=66s

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's great! I think that would work for what I need to do. A tracker effect, thanks so much for your help! I guess I need to upgrade to After Effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines