• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Loss of sound on PE15 since a windows10 update

New Here ,
Aug 05, 2019 Aug 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no sound on clips loaded into a new project so I tried an old project & no sound either. However, sound working ok when not going via PE15.

There was an automatic Windows update about 5 days ago. Is this purely coincidental?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 05, 2019 Aug 05, 2019

Not likely -- but possible.

What happens if you go to the program's preferences (under the Edit menu) and, on the Audio Hardware page, you change the Input and Output settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not likely -- but possible.

What happens if you go to the program's preferences (under the Edit menu) and, on the Audio Hardware page, you change the Input and Output settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve

Before going into programs preferences I thought that I would check out the PE15 projects on my Dell laptop. My desktop & laptop are not sync in any way so I felt that this would be an extra check. I loaded a previous project on the laptop & yes you've guessed it, no sound from the clips.

To me it now seems very strange that 2 separate computers are exhibiting the same symptom! Both have had the latest Windows update done.

Ant thoughts before I delve into program preferences?

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not so much delving as it is just changing the preference settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve,

No working.

on desktop: opened  audio hardware & default input & default output & looked at dropdown options, still no sound in playback, Went back into audio hardware did not change anything only click OK.

Tried play back of clip SOUND NOW WORKING. yippee

Tried laptop still NO sound so, opened audio hardware & just click OK

Tested clip & YES sound restored.

ONLY HAD TO CLICK THE OK IN AUDIO HARDWARE

THANKYOU FOR YOUR ASSISTANCE

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 06, 2019 Aug 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If experimenting with the Audio Hardware settings isn't fixing your problem, I'm not sure what to recommend, John.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2019 Aug 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Steve, it's fixed now all I did was open AUDIO HARDWARE , did not change anything but clicked the O.K. button & the projects sound functioned perfectly on both my desktop & laptop.

thank you for the help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 07, 2019 Aug 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi John,

Thanks for letting us know what fixed the issue for you. @Steve Grisetti recommended correctly to check the audio hardware settings. I have personally experienced this once. When I opened the preferences and saved them by clicking OK. It sort of refreshed it for the application.

Give us a shout if get any other query. We're here to help you.

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines