• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Low resolution of good quality video in expert edit mode in Premiere Elements 2022

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a new hi end PC using windows 10 with Premiere Elements 2022 loaded. Video that is crisp on another PC using elements 15, is very poor when editing on my new pc? Particularly the freeze frame images. I dropped video into the timeline first to ensure the presets recognised my video correctly.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm assuming you're not talking about the quality you see in the Monitor preview window. Because that's just a preview, and you can set it to higher quality.

Meantime, if you look under the Edit menu, what is listed on the General page under Project Settings? Is this the same project setting as you see in the version 15 project?

Do you see an orange "render line" along the top of the timeline? That can also indicate things that can affect the clarity of your preview.

That said, remember that it is just a preview. It may or may not reflect the quality of the video you ultimately output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve and thanks for responding. The line at the top of the timeline is in fact green? I'm aware that the image definition is lower than it actually is but on this occasion it is poor and as mentioned a freeze frame even worse. In comparison with my older PC it is inferior like for like. so waht does the green line indicate please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Again Steve, please forgive me I realise the green line means the footage has been rendered and yes the settings on both PC's match.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Layback quality set to highest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since there's a green line above the timeline, you should also ensure your render quality (also in Preferences) is also set to the highest.

You haven't said what your project settings are, but that's also a factor. 

But as I said the real test is how a 1920x1080 mp4 output looks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also ensure that you're not opening a project created in an earlier version of the program -- for instance, opening a version 15 project in version 2022. That can lead to lots of issues and problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The answer was most bizarre.

Prior to an edit I always assemble all my raw material in a folder on  my desktop having tranferred the video off my SD card. So I copied the folder from my older PC into my new PC which was when I had the foregoing issues of definition/sharpness. The various solutions you proffered sadly didn't work.

So yesterday I cleared that folder from my PC and started afresh transferring the video directly off the SD card. Problem solved! Quite how the first process lost definition is a puzzle as it should have still been in its pristine raw state.

So thanks for the assistance Steve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines