• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My video has 10 minutes of blankness at the end when I export it?

New Here ,
Dec 29, 2016 Dec 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought Adobe Premiere Elements 15 a few days ago so it should be the most up to date version. I have made my video but when exporting it it adds on 10 minutes of blankness at the end. I have zoomed out and pressed the end key to see if there is any hidden footage or audio further down the timeline but there isn't. I have then tried adding a stop marker to the end of the video and exporting it but this doesn't stop the problem. Is there a really clear way to end your video so Adobe understands? Any help would really be appreciated!!!!

[Moved from non-technical Forum Lounge to specific Program forum... Mod]

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 30, 2016 Dec 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You likely have some stray frames of video floating out beyond the end of your movie.

To find them, press the \ key (above the Enter key) to show your entire movie on the timeline. In your case, you will see your movie plus the additional 10 minutes of blank space beyond it.

Click, hold and drag your mouse over the blank area beyond the end of your movie and then press Delete on your keyboard.

If you've snagged all those stray frames, when you press the \ key again, your movie should fill the timeline and you'll be good to go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I pressed the / key and it showed me my whole video and it didn't look any different or show anything further down the timeline. My scroll bar physically won't let me scroll past the end of my video (3minutes 25seconds) yet when I go to export it the preview shows me it is going to over 11 minutes with pure blackness.

Could it be something else other than stray frames if I can't physically get further on my timeline?

Thanks for your help so far,

Jess

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post screendump of entire timeline

and export settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with Ann. Press the \ key and then take a screen capture of your timeline and post it to this forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2021 Dec 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope you guys will understand it this way but this problem has just occured to me. I will start fresh so there is no obvious "wrong" answers that were giving to others. I open up a brand new project, drag a 5 second clip (also happens with image, 3 minute clip, etc) and then as soon as it gets pasted in the timeline, 10 extra minutes of blank space are just added to the video. If i were to add a clip to the end of those 10 minutes (another 5 second clip for example) it will add another 10 minutes of blank space. When the 2nd clip is deleted the space will not revert but stay at 20 minutes unless I close and re open the project then it will go back to the 10 minutes as the first clip is still there. Moral is no matter how much is in the timeline there is always 10 extra minutes after the last clip. No the answer is not ghost frames, I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, installing the newer version, resetting preferences, resetting workshop, I also did some weird hard reset that pretty much involved me adding .old to the file and deleting all those premiere files to "reset" the program and I lost all my saved presets and more just to not have the issue fixed. It makes me more frusturated that Im 17 years old trying to find a solution but seeing answers from im guessing professionals, and even after another person clearly stated the same problem someone answered with "hit back slash to show your clips" as if they didnt state that wasnt the issue. So again no ghost frames nothing or anything like that. Literally from a brand new project premiere has just been adding a random 10 minute of space after whatever my last clip/image is. 

Desktop Screenshot 2021.12.30 - 10.22.00.95 (3).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 31, 2021 Dec 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are responding to a two year old post. As we responded in your other post, you are posting to the Premiere Elements user forum. If you are using Premiere Pro, the solution is likely the same -- however, it might be wise to post to the Premiere Pro forum rather than posting multiple times to the Elements forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines