Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Not able to export my project on a DVD with PE14

New Here ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there, 

I am using Premiere Elements 14 on my iMac and I have an external DVD drive and I am trying to burn my project onto a DVD, but it just doesn't work.

At first I tried to burn the project directly on a disc by using the option under the 'Export & Share' menu, but for some reason, when I select DVD Premiere can't find my burner (when selecting AVCHD it can find it, but I would rather want to burn on a DVD).

Then I also tried to burn in a ISO-file (4.7 GB), but when Premiere says the process is done and I go and check where the ISO-file is I can neither find it in the selcted folder nor under the name I chose. I don't know if there is maybe some trick to find it, or if it just doesn't work for some reason.

The only thing I know how to do (but it's not very professional) is to export the project normally and then drag it onto the DVD and then burn it, but I really need a disc menu and I already designed one with Premiere, so I would be very happy, if someone could help me and find a solution to my problem.

Thank you very much in advance,

David

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try going to Publish & Share/Devices/Disc and saving your DVD as an ISO  to a new, empty directory folder on your computer. (We can show you how to use Mac OS to burn your ISO as a DVD later, if this works.)

If this isn't working, it could be an Mac OS issue. You don't say what operating system you're using, but Apple made some major changes when it went from OSX to OS, and it could be that the new operating system is challenged by and OSX-based program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay I tried saving it to an empty folder now, but it still didn't work. When Premiere said it was done, I couldn't find it in the folder.

I am using Mac OS Catalina, if that's the reason for the problem, what can I do?

Thanks for the help,

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Download the free trial of the current version of the program and see if you get the same results.

If it does, we'll know it's because version14 won't work on Catalina.

If it doesn't, we'll know the issue is a bit deeper.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines